GM opens IT center in Phoenix, Arizona
(Reuters) - General Motors Co said it opened a fourth IT center in the United States in Phoenix, Arizona as it aims to improve performance and cut operational costs.
The automaker said it expects to hire 1,000 employees at the center over the next five years. It already has about 500 employees at the site.
GM's three other IT centers are in Warren, Michigan, in Austin, Texas and in Roswell, Georgia.
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report