GM opens IT center in Phoenix, Arizona
(Reuters) - General Motors Co said it opened a fourth IT center in the United States in Phoenix, Arizona as it aims to improve performance and cut operational costs.
The automaker said it expects to hire 1,000 employees at the center over the next five years. It already has about 500 employees at the site.
GM's three other IT centers are in Warren, Michigan, in Austin, Texas and in Roswell, Georgia.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel