Germany approves RWE unit sale amid Russia tensions
BERLIN (Reuters) - The German government has approved the sale of utility RWE's (RWEG.DE) oil and gas unit DEA to Letter One, a spokesman for the group of investors led by Russian tycoon Mikhail Fridman said on Friday.
"We have confirmation of the approval," the spokesman for the Luxemburg-based group told Reuters.
Earlier, sources had told Reuters that the German government would approve the sale despite tensions between Russia and the West over the Ukraine crisis.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel