NHC says 70 percent chance of cyclone near Puerto Rico
(Reuters) - A small low-pressure area located just north of the Mona Passage between Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic has a 70 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone in the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said on Friday.
"Some additional development of this system is possible today, but environmental conditions are expected to be more conducive for the development of a tropical depression or tropical storm when the disturbance moves near or over the southeastern Bahamas on Saturday," the NHC said.
(Reporting by Vijaykumar Vedala in Bangalore; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command