CORRECTED-Walgreen stores go offline due to technical glitch
(Corrects to "orders may have been lost" from "orders were lost" in third paragraph)
Aug 22 (Reuters) - Pharmacy chain Walgreen Co suffered a system outage for several hours on Friday, taking all of its 8,200 pharmacy outlets offline and delaying prescription orders.
The company faced a "technical issue" during a system update and had to bring the entire system offline to resolve it, spokesman Michael Polzin said.
Some prescription orders may have been lost as a result of the outage, Polzin said, but most were queued and processed when the system was restored.
The pharmacy system was back online by 02:00 p.m. ET.
Shares of Walgreen closed at $61.05 on Friday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Ramkumar Iyer in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident