Bank of Nova Scotia reports higher profit, boosts dividend
TORONTO Aug 26 (Reuters) - Bank of Nova Scotia reported a higher quarterly profit on Tuesday, helped by strength at its wealth management and insurance businesses, and raised its dividend.
Scotiabank, Canada's No. 3 bank, earned C$2.4 billion ($2.19 billion), or C$1.85 a share, in the third quarter ended July 31, up from C$1.7 billion, or C$1.36 a share, a year earlier.
Excluding notable gains and non-recurring items, the bank said it had earned C$1.40 a share. Analysts had expected C$1.41.
(1 US dollar = 1.0972 Canadian dollar) (Reporting by Jeffrey Hodgson; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown