BUZZ-RPS Group: Shares jump on peer comments
** Consultancy firm RPS Group Plc's shares rise as much as 5.2 percent, driven by comments larger Australian peer WorleyParsons Ltd made about market conditions in Australia and the United States.
** RPS is among the top percentage gainers on the FTSE-250 MidCap Index on the London Stock Exchange.
** Peel Hunt Christopher Bamberry and market makers at Winterflood Securities cite a read-across from WorleyParsons comments as a reason for RPS's share price surge.
** Capital investment in non-resource infrastructure, particularly in environmental services, water and power generation and transmission, has a stronger outlook, WorleyParsons says.
** The Australian mining services company also guides towards positive outlook in North America for water and environment services to unconventional oil and gas customers.
** WorleyParsons has a market capitalisation roughly four times the size of RPS.
** Comments from WorleyParsons are in line with those made by RPS when it reported results in July, Bamberry says.
** Bamberry has a "buy" rating on and a target price of 302 pence on RPS's stock, which hit a high of 295 pence earlier on Wednesday.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown