Cameco to shut McArthur River mine, lock out workers
WINNIPEG, Manitoba Aug 27 (Reuters) - Canadian uranium miner Cameco Corp said on Wednesday that it will shut down its McArthur River mine and Key Lake mill in Saskatchewan, after workers' union said they planned to strike starting Saturday.
In response, Cameco said it issued a lockout notice effective at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday to assure an orderly shutdown of the facilities. (Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |