Russia says not interested in confrontation, "sanctions spiral"
MOSCOW Aug 27 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday that Moscow was not interested in confrontation with international partners or seeing more sanctions imposed between Russia and the West.
"We have no interest in a confrontation or in whipping up a spiral of sanctions," Lavrov said in comments broadcast by state-run television station Rossiya 24. (Reporting by Christian Lowe, Writing by Thomas Grove)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case