NHC says still 20 percent chance of cyclone over Gulf of Mexico
(Reuters) - A weak low-pressure area located over the northwestern Gulf of Mexico still has a 20 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone in the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said on Wednesday.
Some development of this system is possible before it moves inland over southern Texas and northern Mexico on Thursday, the NHC said.
(Reporting by Vijaykumar Vedala in Bangalore; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32