NHC says still 20 percent chance of cyclone over Gulf of Mexico
(Reuters) - A weak low-pressure area located over the northwestern Gulf of Mexico still has a 20 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone in the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) said on Wednesday.
Some development of this system is possible before it moves inland over southern Texas and northern Mexico on Thursday, the NHC said.
(Reporting by Vijaykumar Vedala in Bangalore; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |