Brazil economy to pick up in 2015, improve govt finances -Mantega
BRASILIA Aug 28 (Reuters) - The Brazilian economy should recover more rapidly in 2015 and produce a larger primary budget surplus than in 2014, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said on Thursday.
Speaking to reporters after delivering the 2015 budget bill to Congress, Mantega said that a stronger economy should help increase tax revenues and bolster the government's finances next year. (Reporting by Luciana Otoni; Writing by Alonso Soto; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury has made decision in fatal shooting of black teen: report |
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft