Telecom Italia's Brazil unit to participate in 4G auction
SAO PAULO Aug 28 (Reuters) - TIM Participações, Telecom Italia's Brazil unit, said on Thursday that its board of directors had approved plans to participate in an upcoming rights auction for fourth-generation (4G) data services in the South American country.
TIM's participation in the auction is a "clear sign" of the company's long-term commitment to Brazil, it said in a statement. The auction to run the 700 MHz spectrum is scheduled to take place on Sept. 30. (Reporting by Todd Benson; Editing by Chris Reese)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program