China palm oil importer Shandong Changhua says banks resume lending to it
SHANGHAI Aug 28 (Reuters) - Some banks have resumed lending to China's second-largest palm oil importer, Shandong Changhua Food Group, after having temporarily stopped issuing new loans, the firm said on Thursday.
The resumption of credit facilities means Shandong Changhua's commodity trading operations is returning to normal, the company said a statement, adding that it plans to import 250,000 tonnes of soybeans and 20,000 tonnes of edible oil next week after similar volume of purchases this week. (Reporting by Fayen Wong; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel