CSR rejects Microchip Tech approach, shares surge
LONDON Aug 28 (Reuters) - British chipmaker CSR said it had rejected an approach from Microchip Technology Inc about a possible offer for the company, sending its shares up as much as 27 percent.
"The price proposed by Microchip has been rejected and the board is considering its options for the company," CSR said in a short statement on Thursday.
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Chinese envoy says North Korea's Kim Jong Un may visit Beijing: Yonhap
- 'Forced labor' rife in Malaysian electronics factories: report