Russian meat firm Cherkizovo's second-quarter earnings jump
MOSCOW Aug 28 (Reuters) - Russian meat producer Cherkizovo said on Thursday its second-quarter net profit rose almost ten-fold from a year ago thanks to a favourable pricing environment and higher sales.
The company made a net profit of $90.2 million, compared to $9.4 million in the second quarter of 2013, while sales rose 25 percent to $495.7 million, it said in a statement. (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Vladimir Soldatkin)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.