Square in talks for $200 mln funding: Bloomberg
(Reuters) - Mobile payment startup Square Inc, co-founded by Twitter Inc Chairman Jack Dorsey, is in talks to raise $200 million, at a valuation of $6 billion, Bloomberg reported, citing a person with knowledge of the matter.
Some of the funding is expected to come from the Government of Singapore Investment Corp (GIC), which will push Square's valuation up from about $5 billion earlier this year, the report said. (bloom.bg/1vSCPX6)
Square and GIC were not immediately available for comment.
Founded in 2009, Square makes a credit card reader that slots into smartphones such as those made by Apple Inc.
(Reporting by Arnab Sen in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel