Russia says open for gas talks with Ukraine, offers discount
MOSCOW Aug 29 (Reuters) - Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak said on Friday that Russia is still open for gas talks with Ukraine, however the date for a meeting has not been decided yet.
Novak, after meeting with European Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger in Moscow, also reiterated that Russia is ready to provide Kiev with a discount of $100 per 1,000 cubic metres for gas supplied to Ukraine.
Russia stopped supplying gas to Ukraine in June after a protracted gas pricing stand off. (Reporting by katya Golubkova; writing by Vladimir Soldatkin; Editing by Christian Lowe)
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight
- Exclusive: U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine
- Western leaders step away from nuclear talks with Iran as deadline nears