EU chooses Polish PM as chairman, Mogherini to run foreign policy
BRUSSELS Aug 30 (Reuters) - European Union leaders chose Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk as the new president of their Council on Saturday and Italian Foreign Minister Federica Mogherini as the bloc's new foreign policy chief, outgoing European Council President Herman Van Rompuy said.
"The European Council has elected PM Donald Tusk as the next President of the European Council & Euro Summits," Van Rompuy said on social media site Twitter.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident