EU urgently to draw up possible new sanctions on Russia-draft
BRUSSELS Aug 30 (Reuters) - European Union leaders will ask officials on Saturday to prepare urgently possible new sanctions against Russia over its involvement in Ukraine, according to a draft statement seen by Reuters.
EU leaders, meeting in Brussels, will say that they stand ready to take further steps against Russia depending on developments on the ground, according to the draft.
They will ask the EU's executive Commission and the EU's diplomatic service to work together "to urgently undertake preparatory work" on further sanctions. (Reporting by Barbara Lewis, Adrian Croft; editing by Foo Yun Chee)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA