EU to prepare "next level" of Russia sanctions - Germany's Gabriel
PARIS Aug 30 (Reuters) - European Union leaders have agreed to prepare "the next level of sanctions" against Russia in response to its intervention in Ukraine, German Vice-Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel said on Saturday.
"It is clear that after this intervention by Russia in Ukraine ... EU leaders will certainly task the European Commission with preparing the next level of sanctions," Gabriel told journalists in Paris before an EU summit in Brussels. (Reporting by Mark John; Writing by Natalie Huet; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home