Iceland cuts aviation alert level to orange from red
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Iceland cut its ash alert level for aviation to orange from red on Sunday, after raising it to the maximum level earlier in the day due to a fresh eruption from a fissure in the Bardarbunga volcano system.
"No ash has been detected. The Aviation Color Code for Bardarbunga has therefore been reset to orange," the Meteorological Office said in a statement.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
Major U.S. poultry firms are administering antibiotics to their flocks far more pervasively than regulators realize, posing a potential risk to human health. Full Article