German financial watchdog checks Tipp24 disclosures
FRANKFURT/DUESSELDORF, Sept 2
FRANKFURT/DUESSELDORF, Sept 2 (Reuters) - German financial watchdog Bafin on Tuesday said it is checking the circumstances behind Tipp24 regulatory disclosures for possible violation of market rules.
The Internet lottery company issued a profit warning based on a reported jackpot on Sunday only to withdraw the warning on Monday, saying the reported jackpot win had been mistaken.
"We are taking a look to see if market manipulation may have been involved," a Bafin spokeswoman said.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?