Bradley, Mahan and Simpson get U.S. wildcard Cup picks
NEW YORK (Reuters) - United States captain Tom Watson opted for a blend of experience and form in choosing Keegan Bradley, Hunter Mahan and Webb Simpson as his wildcard picks for this month's Ryder Cup against holders Europe.
Watson announced former Ryder Cup players Bradley, Mahan and Simpson as his three selections during a glitzy news conference at Studio 8H, the home of 'Saturday Night Live', at Rockefeller Plaza.
The trio join automatic choices Bubba Watson, Rickie Fowler, Jim Furyk, Jimmy Walker, Phil Mickelson, Matt Kuchar, Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed and Zach Johnson on the 12-man American team.
The U.S. will take on Paul McGinley's European team in the 40th edition of the biennial competition from Sept. 26-28 at Gleneagles in Scotland.
(Writing by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief