Three killed, two injured in Kansas City shooting
KANSAS CITY Mo.
KANSAS CITY Mo. (Reuters) - Three people were killed and two more critically injured in a shooting spree in a south Kansas City neighborhood on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
Law enforcement officials were called to the residential area known as Woodbridge, near an upscale country club, shortly before 1 p.m. They found five victims with gunshot wounds, three of whom died at the scene, according to a statement by the Kansas City, Missouri, police department.
Two people were transferred to hospitals with life-threatening injuries, police said.
The shooter was still at large, and police were asking for help finding a tan-colored SUV they said was missing from the scene of the shootings.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |