UPDATE 1-Vodafone shares turn higher on Softbank interest report -traders
(Adds no comment from Vodafone, updates share price)
LONDON, Sept 2 (Reuters) - Vodafone shares turned higher late on Tuesday, with traders citing a Nikkei report suggesting the British mobile operator may become a takeover target for Japanese telecoms firm SoftBank.
A Vodafone spokesman said the company had no comment to make on the report.
Vodafone shares closed up by 1.1 percent at 208.90 pence, having traded as low as 205.50 pence earlier on Tuesday. (Reporting by Francesco Canepa, Sudip Kar-Gupta and Vikram Subhedar in London; editing by David Clarke)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn