Texas girl trapped in spinning washing machine at laundromat
AUSTIN Texas (Reuters) - A 5-year-old girl was hospitalized on Wednesday after she was trapped in a laundromat washing machine for several minutes and spun at high speeds, police said.
The girl had extensive injuries but was expected to survive the incident Tuesday in a laundromat in Pasadena, about 10 miles (16 km) southeast of Houston, they said
"She was tumbling pretty fast in there," Pasadena police spokesman Vance Mitchell told Houston TV station KHOU.
"One person walked by and said they saw something flopping around in there. They thought it was just a dress or something because it was moving pretty fast," Mitchell said.
Police were unsure how the girl got trapped. The said just before the incident, a customer had tried to use the machine and was given a refund because it was not working properly.
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn