REFILE-VeriFone quarterly revenue rises 14 pct
(Corrects dateline to Sept 4 from Sept 2)
Sept 4 (Reuters) - VeriFone Systems Inc, a maker of credit card swipe machines, reported a 14 percent increase in third-quarter revenue, helped by higher demand for devices that can accept credit cards embedded with chips.
The net loss attributable to the company's stockholders increased to $29 million, or 26 cents per share, in the quarter ended July 31, from a loss of $1.9 million, or 2 cents per share, a year earlier as expenses rose about 21 percent.
Revenue rose to $476 million from $416 million a year earlier. (Reporting by Soham Chatterjee in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5