UPDATE 1-Canada labor productivity rises 1.8 pct in second quarter
(Adds details of release, background)
OTTAWA, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Canadian labor productivity in the second quarter grew 1.8 percent from the first quarter as businesses boosted their output at a much faster pace, Statistics Canada said on Friday.
Market analysts had expected productivity to rise by 1.6 percent.
Statistics Canada said the number of hours declined, also contributing to productivity growth.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Traveler from Liberia is first Ebola patient diagnosed in U.S. |
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead