May 19 Alent Plc
* Trading since start of year has been in line with our expectations.
* We have seen a slight increase in demand across our principle electronics and automotive end-markets
* On a constant currency basis, net sales value (nsv) increased 3.7 percent to 98.9 million pounds
* Adverse currency translation of 6.5 percent meant that on a reported basis, NSV was 3 percent lower than prior year (Q1 2013: 101.8 million pounds)
* NSV margin has improved slightly over Q1 2013, primarily due to favourable mix.
* Foreign exchange translation will continue to be a headwind at current rates, we expect our normal seasonal improvement in second half of year. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: