SAO PAULO Feb 13 State-Run Banco do Brasil SA
, the nation's largest lender by assets, announced on
Thursday the following operating estimates for this year:
1) Banco do Brasil forecasts growth in its consolidated loan
book between 14 percent and 18 percent this year. The range for
loan book growth in 2013 was 17 percent to 21 percent. Credit at
the Brasilia-based lender rose between 18.6 percent and 19.9
percent, based on different methodologies.
2) Banco do Brasil forecasts recurring return on equity
between 12 percent and 15 percent this year, compared with
guidance of 14 percent to 17 percent last year. Annualized
recurring ROE, as the gauge is known, ended 2013 at 15 percent.
3) The lender forecasts growth in gross interest income
between 3 percent and 7 percent this year, compared with a
expansion of 1.5 percent in 2013.
4) Banco do Brasil forecasts fee income growth between 9
percent and 12 percent this year. Last year, the item rose 10.6
percent, with guidance expecting growth of 10 percent to 14
5) Sales, general and administrative expenses at Banco do
Brasil are expected to grow between 5 percent and 8 percent this
year, unchanged from last year's guidance. SG&A expenses rose
7.2 percent in 2013.