LONDON Nov 23 BP PLC :
* BP appoints new upstream head
* Appointment of Lamar McKay as chief executive, upstream
* McKay will be based in London
* McKay will take up the position with effect from January 1,
* McKay's successor as chairman and president of BP America
will be announced
at a later date.
* McKay, who will be based in London, will report to Bob Dudley
and is already
a member of BP's executive management team
* McKay is currently chairman and president of BP America
* Current structure and management teams will remain unaffected
by this change
in segment leadership.