Bernanke's words drive Wall Street up 1 percent

Comments (8)
divinargant wrote:

Another sugar high coming? Yes, direct infusion once again into the Goldman arm. The junkie needs a dose. Another slap to the serfs. QE infinity.

Mar 26, 2012 10:42am EDT  --  Report as abuse

The market is being propped up. Anytime the market loses momentum Bernanke props it up by either a psychological ploy or some QE. No wonder Wall Street never sees the train wreck coming. They are long term blind. The gamble is that a flood of funny money will eventually kick the engine into gear. If it doesn’t, we will have a severe depression. What’s your gamble?

Mar 26, 2012 12:14pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

Will the flood of money turn the economy before it ruins it? Will it be depression or let the good times roll again? What’s your gamble?

Mar 26, 2012 12:16pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Radical_1 wrote:

Wall Street has a serious problem with it’s ears because I didn’t hear the same thing that they did. I heard that hiring was still really weak and Wall Street must have heard we’re going to do QE III! Talk about inflating the next BUBBLE! Just wait till this one POPS.

Mar 26, 2012 1:44pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
rasputyn wrote:

Wall street rally? Did anyone notice that the value of the dollar dropped again as a result of this guy’s comments, thus hurting the consumer? The rich 1.6% benefiting again at the expense of the remaining 98.4%.

Mar 26, 2012 2:12pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Josorr wrote:

B.O. just wants to make it past the next election. His policies may be good for the short term, but in the long term they are BAD. When dealing with fiat money that is backed by essentially NOTHING, printing more means every dollar of it is going to be worth less. Bad B.O policy is going to make a big stink.

Mar 26, 2012 3:29pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
tiktin wrote:

The irony is that Bernanke’s easy money policy is acting as a drag on the economy, not a stimulant. I don’t believe there has ever been a time when people believed as much nonsense as they do today. All conventional wisdom is wrong.

Mar 26, 2012 5:00pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
WillyW wrote:

Another kick of the can and down the road it goes! All the administration needs to do is keep the can on the road until November and then kick it through the uprights. By then it won’t matter if the can lands on the bubble and bursts it, the regime gets 4 more years to finish off capitalism and the game is over! They will blame greedy capitalists for the collapse and the government will have to take over everything and set it right.

Mar 26, 2012 6:31pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
This discussion is now closed. We welcome comments on our articles for a limited period after their publication.