Mom's obesity tied to child's autism, development: study

xwagner wrote:

This is laughable. It’s NOT MERCURY IN THE VACCINES. Repeat that: IT’S NOT MERCURY IN THE VACCINES. hahahahahaha. No, it’s not mercury in the vaccines, anything but that, eh?

Apr 09, 2012 9:06pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
VoxPopuli wrote:

It wouldn’t have anything to do with Jews mating with Italians, right?

Apr 09, 2012 9:41pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
leary121 wrote:

xwagner, they haven’t used mercury in vaccines for years.

Apr 09, 2012 9:48pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
amacleod426 wrote:

Can we save some time and just list everything that *hasn’t* been linked to autism?

Apr 09, 2012 11:09pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ScotIrish wrote:

Man, this is not good news for Jessica “Chicken of the Sea” Simpson. Bless her heart, she suffers from cognitive and metabolic issues.

Apr 10, 2012 2:56am EDT  --  Report as abuse
meesh wrote:

are you freakin’ kidding me!! I was 130 lbs when I and my husband conceived our child. He has autism – is this where research money goes to – to the most stupiest study I have EVER READ!! again lets blame the mom for being overweight….how about the dad…I think that he had an ear infection when we did it…could their be a link to that as well…again are you freakin’ kiddin me!!!!

Apr 10, 2012 11:40am EDT  --  Report as abuse
SandraB wrote:

Diabetes and gestational diabetes in mothers have been fingered before. Also a higher level of mothers have celiac disease. It’s not clear here whether the mothers put on large amounts of weight during pregnancy or were obese at the start. Vitamin D deficiency could be a factor – the overweight need more. Malabsorption could even be linked if high weight gain in pregnancy is involved – mothers eating more because they are not absorbing the vital nutrients. During my pregnancy with my Asperger’s child I was not obese, but I did put on quite a bit of weight, and I felt both nauseous and hungry throughout the pregnancy, as well as severe exhaustion throughout, a horrible combination which I now think may have been due to malabsorption.

Apr 10, 2012 12:54pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Twigfilly wrote:

leary121 mercury is in most vaccines… they just call it Thermisol now. The CDC website states quite clearly that Thermisol is mercury based. It is also in the 2012 Flu vaccines as posted here by the CDC themselves. http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/thimerosal.htm

Apr 15, 2012 1:22am EDT  --  Report as abuse