Iran says it test-fires missiles in war of nerves

Comments (39)
boreal wrote:

……..Senior researcher Pieter Wezeman of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute said…………..

Is it not odd most think tanks’ personal have Jewish sounding names? How many of these guys are possible Israel sympathizers or direct plans singing from the same Zionist psalm pages?

Jul 03, 2012 10:21am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Brazilian1 wrote:

Dear Marcus George

If you write “disputed nuclear energy program”, that means that Reuters assumes it is indeed an energy program. I do not think that is the case.

It would more neutral if you wrote “disputed nuclear program, which the IAEA suspects is for belic purposes but Iran says is for energy purposes”.

Please consider. Thanks.

Jul 03, 2012 10:30am EDT  --  Report as abuse
RoaringFish wrote:

@Brazian1

Reuters is right. You are wrong.

There is evidence that it is a civilian programme, but there is none, zero, zilch, nada, not one iota of actual evidence of a nuclear programme, so for Reuters to call it a “disputed nuclear programme’ would be dishonest and possibly illegal.

On top of that, the continued IAEA proof of non-diversion pretty well proves that there is *no* nuclear programme, as even if there were it would be an empty shell with nothing to make it go bang.

Reuters is not assuming anything. Reuters is going where the evidence points. You are the one doing the assuming, going where no evidence points, AKA a failth-based argument.

Why don’t you just grow a pair, be honest, and announce that you like the idea of killing Muslims, because that is all you Republicans are doing – looking for an excuse to start another war.

Jul 03, 2012 10:57am EDT  --  Report as abuse
5adat wrote:

The way everything in this article is reported is skewed right down to reporting the rise in oil prices as a positive. Pathetic.

And @boreal, you nailed it. These “analysts” are hacks and about as morally suspect as the writers/editors who put this mouthpiece article together. I imagine the analysts are better paid for their servitude.

Jul 03, 2012 11:19am EDT  --  Report as abuse
bulldancer wrote:

“the oil industry, which is concerned about any disruption in global crude supplies.” Now you know why Iran fired up those missiles as test and claims it can reach Israel. They think we are stupid. Don’t you know oil prices were plummeting recently? Now lets see this. Iran helped Pakistan financially to develop a nuclear weapon and the Pakistani Khan helped Iran with technology. Iran and Pakistan have security deals which says if one country is attacked the other will help. You know what that means.. If Iran is attacked they will get a nuke from Pakistan and hit Israel. So in a nutshell the whole Iranian nuke thing is just to increase the falling oil price. Is Iran a threat? Yes they are and it is better Israel come out of the closet and tell the world what they are capable of if they are attacked. It may lead to a cold war kinda situation between Israel and neighbors but are they already isolated in that region? What is Israel going to lose? or What are these international folks going to do with Israel? Put them in Nuclear Jail..last I know Israel never signed NPT.. So come out now and show some force.

Jul 03, 2012 11:27am EDT  --  Report as abuse

Iran has every right to have nuclear weapons… otherwise Israel should not have one… this is classical hypocrisy of west… if israel wants war they will get war… if they want peace they will get peace… this is very simple… and global warming is still a scam and Obama must go…

Jul 03, 2012 11:29am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Butch_from_PA wrote:

Israel set the template for how to sneak in nuclear development. They now are fully nuclear armed -since the last 60s – and don’t want anyone else to join the club.

They are aggressive – almost always strike first and are the most dangerous element, heating up to ignite World War 3.

It will come in short order – mostly initiated by this rogue country – and pull us all into this mad spiral of insanity no one has the will to stop. The most offensive part of this is the tremendous profit to be made from all our misery.

Jul 03, 2012 11:30am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Brazilian1 wrote:

RoaringFish
Reuters is a media organization, it does not have authority to describe it as a energy programa.
The IAEA has it and they suspect it is a arms program.

Jul 03, 2012 11:31am EDT  --  Report as abuse
KDK1 wrote:

@RoaringFish

Unbelievable how wrong you can be. I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous in the whole of my life, and you should now hide your head in shame over this.

I mean, to think you actually said the word! “Republicans”. As if the Dumbocrats are anything different and didn’t spawn that infuriatingly hypocritical crone Hilliary. There’s no bipartisanship in this country and there hasn’t been since the late 1800s.

Both of these parties are AIPAC puppets. That’s all there is to it.

Jul 03, 2012 11:38am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Slammy wrote:

If Iran wants a nuclear weapon I am sure Israel will have no problems giving them one. However, if some may recall, when Iran first enriched uranium a few years back, their scientist and politicians were taped holding and passing it around the room without gloves or protective suites. If that is their level of safety I would imagine they will irradiate themselves before they can anyone else.

Jul 03, 2012 11:48am EDT  --  Report as abuse
MetalHead8 wrote:

@ Roaring fish “Reuters is not assuming anything. Reuters is going where the evidence points. You are the one doing the assuming, going where no evidence points, AKA a failth-based argument” Yet, Rueters has done muiltible articles about the suspected wrong doings over there and how Iran act very sketchy it.

“Why don’t you just grow a pair, be honest, and announce that you like the idea of killing Muslims, because that is all you Republicans are doing – looking for an excuse to start another war.” Brazillian isnt like that at all, and hes certianly more mature then you kid. The news must be intresting when all your assumptions are facts to you.

Jul 03, 2012 12:16pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
CapTintin wrote:

You gotta love all this saber-rattling … All of this disinformation only helps the VERY RICH get richer in the oil futures speculative markets … hehehe And when war finally comes, the same very rich will be Unbelievably RICHER !!! lol

Jul 03, 2012 12:26pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
TruthMonitor wrote:

Why did Reuters reach out to Peter Wezeman, in peaceful Stockholm of all places? And how does Peter know that Iran’s missiles are inaccurate and their technology outdated? Has he been there and seen it for himself? It sure must be nice to be paid for mouthing off from the comfort of your armchair.

Jul 03, 2012 12:34pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Life1 wrote:

@MetalHead8: you just contradicted yourself by using the word ‘suspected’.

Probably comes as a shock, but it’s impossible to prove a negative.

Jul 03, 2012 12:38pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Brazilian1 wrote:

Butch_from_PA
Don’t you think that if Israel had nukes since the 1960s, they would have used it in the Yom kippur war? Why haven’t they?

Jul 03, 2012 12:48pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Inspired43 wrote:

The media is trying to show that the attack from US + NATO + Israel on Iran is a noble/brave/just act; where as a defensive attack by Iran is shown as aggression or threat.

Who finished the democratic prime minister of Iran (Mossadeq) in 1953 and why? They removed democracy and brought the puppet Shah to rule Iran and when the puppet fell then they became enemies again. Oil companies sponsored the removal of Masaddeq by US because he was nationalizing the Iranian oil industry. Search TPAJAX project.

Who supported Saddam during the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s? US provided weapons and logistic support to Saddam during this war. US turned blind eye or ignored when Saddam used chemical weapons against Iran. They killed the same Saddam by lying that he possessed chemical weapons. Why didn’t they object to him when he used it against Iran.

Who bombed the civilian airliner from Iran (IR-655) and killed 274 civilians during Iran-Iraq war? Didn’t Iran keep quiet then? Who flew drone over Iran recently? Who killed Iranian scientists? If any scientist of the west would have been killed or an airliner bombed or drones sent to the western countries then it would have been a full scaled war. Didn’t Iran keep quiet after all these things? So many stringent sanctions and almost total isolation from world. If you have the guts then stand alone and don’t form a wolf pack of crimal countries and bully others.

Read the “Rumor of the century” to understand the true translation of what Ahmedinejad said during his speech. He never said “Wipe off Israel from the map”. It is all western propaganda and brain washing.

Have you not noticed that in every news column involving Iran there are two lines dedicated to brainwash people that Iran is making nuclear weapons? Iran has been rejecting this claim since forever.

Few countries have thousands and N-bombs and one of them is the only one to use it on a civilian population and now you tell others don’t even think of making what we have.

Did IAEA inspect Israel to check if they possess nuclear weapons? It is rumored they do have nuclear weapons.

I am hearing since 2004 than Iran is very close to making bombs but now it is 2012 and the news is still the same. Doesn’t it make sense that this is all false propaganda?

Who is shouting that there should be democracy is Syria, when they themselves shield or support the monarchs of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain and Kuwait? They suppressed the small revolutions in Bahrain and Saudi by taking tanks on the protestors and killing them and the shameless media stopped reporting these incidents as they got paid for it.

Check how they removed Mossadeq of Iran who was democratic and now they are using the same process to remove Al Assad of Syria.

Libya was the most prosperous African nation and they now turned it into ruins. The strategy is that if you kill a monarch then you don’t have to pay the loans that you took from the country. If you kill a democratic leader then the next leader will still ask you to repay the loans.

Who vetoed the formation of Palestine state in UN, even though the whole world supported it? UN is so corrupt. People go to police when someone is giving them trouble and UN is like police and now the police is so corrupt that it is siding the oppressors against the helpless Palestinians. When Russia vetoed war on Syria recently after realizing that it made a mistake by not vetoing against Libyan action, they were called killers, corrupt etc etc. You create UN and make yourself permanent member just so that you can pass resolutions that you like and reject the ones you don’t like.

People in the western countries should not think that they should not talk bad about the country that’s feeding them. It is not the country but it is God who is feeding them. Even Moses revolted against pharoah even though he spent his childhood and youthful life in his court.It is all about identifying where injustice is being done and standing against it.

What is the reason for the western countries to stay in Afghanistan when the people involved in Sep 11 are killed? They are trying to kill the ones they created.

I AM SURE REUTERS WILL NOT POST MY COMMENT FOR THE Nth TIME.

Jul 03, 2012 1:09pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
kkong164 wrote:

“Why haven’t they?”

Because they are smarter than the avaerage jihadist. That, plus there was no need, as they IDF amply demonstrated.

Jul 03, 2012 1:10pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Brazilian1 wrote:

kkong164

Reasonable explanation. Thanks.

Does anyone else have any “proof” Israel has nukes? Thanks.

Jul 03, 2012 1:33pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
mils54 wrote:

Those Persians love their missiles!…I hear our scientists are developing a missile that explodes 500 yds over it’s target and then desolves all beard hair!…………….Niice! :)

Jul 03, 2012 1:48pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
topskeptic2 wrote:

One wanders what gives the Israelis the right to keep on threatening Iran. Israel is the only middle east country with illegal nuclear weapons.

Jul 03, 2012 1:52pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
anarcurt wrote:

@Brazilian1: perhaps we can have some UN inspectors go check things out. If they refuse to be inspected we can starve the Israeli citizens.

Jul 03, 2012 2:38pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
fromthecenter wrote:

Just another ploy to drive up the price of oil. If anyone hasnt noticed everytime the stir it up the price of oil skyrockets. Playing the same games as north korea who acts like a spoiled child to get aid. Does anyone really believe that Iran is going to fire a nuke at israel knowing that it would bring complete destruction of their own country?

Jul 03, 2012 2:48pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
SeaWa wrote:

I guess the Israelis missed their window of opportunity. oops.

Jul 03, 2012 2:53pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
TomMariner wrote:

The missiles are only to see if they could ship an entire million ton electric-generating nuclear reactor on a rocket. No really. The only thing every carried in a warhead for 12,000 miles will be a 500 pound chemical explosive bomb. No really. But if you guys will lift all sanctions, we will stop developing the nuclear weapon we aren’t developing. No Really.

Anybody seen Neville Chamberlain around here? Anybody look up the word “appeasement” and see it resulted in 60 million dead?

Jul 03, 2012 2:54pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

RoaringFish wrote:

Reuters is right……..Why don’t you just grow a pair, be honest, and announce that you like the idea of killing Muslims, because that is all you Republicans are doing – looking for an excuse to start another war.

Quite right. The Republicans have sold out to the Isreal-Firsters and Zionistas like Sheldon Adelson. If Romney is elected, a war with Iran is guaranteed. We currently live in an AIPACOCRACY. (Government of AIPAC, for AIPAC and BY AIPAC). With Romney in the WH we will move to an Adelsonocracy.

Jul 03, 2012 3:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
UnPartisan wrote:

@KDK1

Shh. Don’t tell the Democrats that they are continuing the exact same policy of G.W. Bush. They don’t want to acknowledge that he has expanded the war on terror (or war on Muslims as RoaringFish likes to describe it). They certainly wont acknowledge that guitmo is still open and that Obama requested to keep troops in Iraq beyond Bush’s timeline for withdrawel (which was laughed at by the Iraqis). My party good, your party bad is the name of the Partisan game.

Jul 03, 2012 3:10pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Brazilian1 wrote:

anacurt
THe IAEA has not requested any inspection on Israeli soil because Israel is allied to the Western nations and has not threatened to throw a bomb on any of them.

Anyway I doubt that any kind of embargo will cause Israel to starve. They would grow their food on the desert, as by the way they have already been doing.

Jul 03, 2012 3:11pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

Butch_from_PA wrote:

Israel set the template for how to sneak in nuclear development. They now are fully nuclear armed -since the last 60s – and don’t want anyone else to join the club.

They are aggressive – almost always strike first and are the most dangerous element, heating up to ignite World War 3.

It will come in short order – mostly initiated by this rogue country – and pull us all into this mad spiral of insanity no one has the will to stop. The most offensive part of this is the tremendous profit to be made from all our misery.

The most successful war-profiteers are those who support both sides. read about the Rothschilds and England’s wars with Spain. This is a repetition of history. You know who profited greatly when the US supported and developed the Taliban?

Jul 03, 2012 3:13pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

TomMariner wrote:

Anybody seen Neville Chamberlain around here? Anybody look up the word “appeasement” and see it resulted in 60 million dead?

If you read history (not propaganda from the Zionist press) you will see the parallels between the way Germany was treated after WWI and what is happening to Iran today. If I were you, I would immigrate to Antartica, as most of the northern hemisphere will become radiation poisoned (certainly after China and Russia enter the war for control of Iran’s oil). After all, that’s what this is all about.

Jul 03, 2012 3:17pm EDT  --  Report as abuse

These people are nuts. Keep your eye on them. If they didn’t have a nuclear program with the intention of producing a BOMB, then why would they not want us to see it? This has become so idiotic and predictable.

Jul 03, 2012 3:41pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
UnPartisan wrote:

@reubenrreuters

Do you think you Russia or China could use that argument to get access to all military sites in the United States? If they have nothing to hide they would let us come in and look anywhere we want.

Jul 03, 2012 3:58pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Brazilian1 wrote:

TomMariner

I appreciate your comparison. You are absolutely correct.

Hitler did exactly what he said he would do.

Why do people not believe Ahmadinejad will try to do exactly what he is saying he will do?

Jul 03, 2012 3:58pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Brazilian1 wrote:

maryannesublim

The terrible mistake made by Chamberlain is available anywhere, from a huge variety of sources.

Now the parallel between Germany after WWI and Iran today is still a bit obscure to me. Could please elaborate on that?

Anyway, are you trying to suggest that Germany was a victim of what happened after WWI and therefore the only outcome you could expect was what Hitler did in WWII? Is that what you are saying?

Please let me know if I understood you correctly. Thanks.

Jul 03, 2012 5:04pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
ReutersAgenda wrote:

The Iranians, as always, are “missing” the target. Creating a missile that can hit Israel is only provoking western powers to a first-strike. Create a missile that can hit the US (two birds with one missile), and you will definitely get western powers to a first-strike. Isn’t that what the Iranians want? BTW, nice looking missile. Very impressive launch characteristics. The missile looks more like an anti-aircraft missile than an IRBM. The Iranians need to talk with the North Koreans. I’m curious why they have not.

Jul 03, 2012 5:38pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
UnPartisan wrote:

@ReutersAgenda

How successful was the recent North Korean tests? I didn’t think they were as technically advanced on their missles as Iran is. The US doesn’t seem to scared of North Korean tech. I think we are pretty confident in our anti-ballistic missle tech. Russia seems confident that it works which is why they are very worried about us deploying it in their back yard. No one has convinced me that Israel is a viable target for a nuke. Nuking the holy land of Muslims, Christians, and Jews and making it inhabitable for decades seems like a big no no for a muslim nation to do. Any actions on Israel has to be conventional because it is holy land. The US on the other hand…

Jul 03, 2012 6:20pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
RoaringFish wrote:

@Brazilian1

Go and ask a grown up to explain what ‘evidence’ means. Reuters doesn’t say Iran has a nuclear programme because ther is NO EVIDENCE of one. It is not that hard to understand.

BTW, the IAEA has never said there is a nuclear programme.

You are totally wrong about Israel not being inspected because they are so peaceful. That notion is joke. Israel is not inspected because, in contrast to Iran, they refuse to join NPT. I know you are an Israeli imagining that calling yourself ‘Brazilian’ will fool everyone, but your arguments are pathetic even by Israeli pretzel-logic standards.

Jul 03, 2012 8:54pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
mulholland wrote:

Iran estimates three small nuclear warheads are enough to exterminate Israel. Do the world a favor and use nine.

Jul 03, 2012 9:43pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
RoaringFish wrote:

Brazilian1 wrote:
“The terrible mistake made by Chamberlain is available anywhere, from a huge variety of sources.”

Sure, the Zionists and right-wingers and US Republicans have spread there propoganda all over, trying to make their warmongering aggression seem noble and honourable.

For those of us with a bit more education, who – like maryannesublim – read real documents instead of propoganda, the truth is very different.

Yes, Chamberlain did try to avoid WW2, which is not surprising as he lived through WW1. Personally, trying to avoid WW2 seems like a very good idea to me. It says a lot about you and your kind that you think trying to avoid WW2 was a bad idea. Apparently the Blitz and the Holocaust are right up your street. What is your view on avoiding WW3 – another silly liberal idea? Real men like nukes?

What history books do mention, but your propoganda ignores, is that at the same time as doing his best to avoid war, Chamberlain also embarked on the largest peacetime rearmament of the British military ever, introduced conscriptionm, doubled the size of the Territorial Army, and created the Ministry of Supply.

BTW, who was it that declared war on Germany on the morning of September 1st, 1939? I’ll give you a clue: his initials where N.C.

Jul 04, 2012 4:42am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Life1 wrote:

@kkong164: Great job on the hasbara, since in 1973 the IDF ‘amply demonstrated’ they were worth nothing when attacked first. Almost entirely wiped out, Israel blackmailed the US into saving them.

History has a nasty way of catching people out on their BS…

Jul 04, 2012 12:59am EDT  --  Report as abuse
This discussion is now closed. We welcome comments on our articles for a limited period after their publication.