Suspicions, doubts linger after pope's butler verdict

paintcan wrote:

Good DeanMJackson isn’t here yet.

The Pope should get some “higher authority” like the IMF or the World Bank, someone with a wider view, to audit the books and fumigate the Vatican. Evidently the Holy see doesn’t quite see everything. It evidently doesn’t like looking behind picture frames, under the furniture and rugs over even under the throne. Big dust bunnies and terrible stains. They have “wax” build up to sink a ship.

What do they all think in there: that Jesus is allergic to good bookkeeping? He shouldn’t mind. After his experience with the higher ups, you’d think he wouldn’t object to a little competent professional help now and again. He used to say – “keep you cloths clean”. It sounds like he had rats and lice in them now and they need a thorough going laundering. It’s homespun, so light on the bleach and no starch.

It’s one think for Louis XV to let the “governor” pick his pockets but the Pope isn’t supposed to be visiting his mistress at all. That’s not what they told us in CCD classes anyway.

It might bother Mary a little but Martha has been itching to clean the house for years. Mary always has a hard time keeping her mind of “earthly” matters and she’s something of a slob these days from the sounds of it.

The Vatican is sounding a little like “What Ever Happened to Baby Jane”. I like to think the Pope is in the Bette Davis role.

But watch Mr. Jackson shift focus to even wider fields of paranoia. All the auditors have to do is make sure the books balance or at least make sense. They don’t have to set policy for the Vatican. That bright light of reason(s) will send a lot of DeanMJacksons infiltrators running very fast. Make Mr. Gabrielli happy and fumigate the whole Church while you’re at it.

Every fifteen years, it seems, there is another story about how someone walked off with everything but the tapestries.

Oct 07, 2012 10:59am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Marla wrote:

Well of course the Vatican whitewashes it all, that’s what religions do. You’ll pardon the pun, but heaven forbid that the masses come to understand that religion is a ruse put in place to divide and control people, nothing more. The Pope, and any other supposed men of God, who undertook to protect papal child molesters from prosecution are nothing better than criminals. They should be taken off their golden thrones, exposed for the evil humans they are, and put in jail.

Oct 07, 2012 11:13am EDT  --  Report as abuse
sjfella wrote:

The largest bunch of con artists in the world once again blame the messenger.

Oct 07, 2012 11:15am EDT  --  Report as abuse
paintcan wrote:

@Marla – They were carted off the jail and people who had made donations were all ripped off by the fury of the less than pure complainants. And still people like you don’t believe them? An awful lot of good work could have been done with that money. Most of those who got paid off probably went out and partied hardy or spent fortunes on themselves. I don’t see much of anything rushing in to fill the vacuum except maybe Mitt and his voracious hoards of “struggling billionaires”, the self satisfied middle class and the ignorant and growing underclasses.

And as a gay man I’m sick of hearing about pedophile priests. A friend of mine told me years ago about his brush as an infant with a house keeper his mother hired who pulled her skirts up and asked the baby to “touch the spider”.

He also told me how his father took him to a whorehouse when he reached puberty and wanted him to “prove his manhood”. He evidently didn’t pass daddy’s “test” or the whore’s, and that’s how I met him almost 30 years ago in a bar in NYC.

Somehow “pedophile priests” get turned to “all women are the Madonna”. They seem to forget that madonna liked her organs so much she featured them in a coffee table book.

Women can be pigs and child molesters too. I’ve met some harpies that would scare Medussa – or drive her crazy.

I tend to like a balanced view of life. The “sweet saints” go on one end of the teeter totter and the “nasty sinners” on the other. I like to stand in the center where the movement is little more than a sway from side to side. The ends can rock their sock off, for all I care.

So many in this world thrive on bipolarity while so many others are taking their “meds”.

But I do so like the grass once in a while when I can afford it. It’s one of the most soothing “intoxicants” I can imagine. I consider it an herbal holistic remedy and it doesn’t have the nasty side effects of so many “meds”.

@sjfella – you keep a “con artists” scale in your pocket, do you? You should patent, market it and make a fortune. I’ll be your first customer. I can think of so many venues where it would get such a workout the markings would wear off very fast. And you can start with politics.

Oct 07, 2012 12:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Animated wrote:

Gee…corruption in the Roman Catholic Church? Who would have thought?

Oct 07, 2012 1:20pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
Marla wrote:

@paintcan. As a gay man, the very essence of what many a fetid church would call evil, unworthy and a vile sinner, I am heartily amused that you would stand in your so called “center” and condemn the victims. Nice, very, very nice.

Oct 07, 2012 3:38pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
paintcan wrote:

@Marla – Be amused if you like. I wasn’t being “nice”. It is simply because I am not all that sure they all were really victims? And if some were, I am not at all sure what the “victimization” was worth in monetary damages. I am not at all sure it was worth the death of that one priest from Boston who was incarcerated and murdered by the inmates. It is highly unlikely, whatever he may have done, he hadn’t done it to any of them. He sounded like he was a groper and nothing more. Perhaps he should have had a Teddy bear or a pet perhaps? Perhaps whoever did it was getting back at daddy, an older brother, a “wicked uncle Ernie”, a cousin, a playmate or schoolyard bully, a summer camp counselor, a gym teacher, a teacher or even a preacher, or perhaps, they just hated “fags”? Men in prison aren’t always noted for the quality of their mental processes you know, or the control of their emotions.

I am not at all sure the “public outrage” that is almost a staple of pulp news, isn’t just another variant on plane old “gay basking”?

The world is stuffed to the rafters with self-righteous hypocrites. If the pose of “victim” pays well, it is amazing what “pains” and “suffering”, especially at the coaching of some “good attorney” aka “blood sucking lawyer” can be invented after the fact. The process was very like a witch-hunt and I had never before heard of such frenzy for “justice” being whipped up at nearly industrial scale. That by itself was more than grounds for suspicion.

It is also amazing the pains and suffering that can go unrequited if the issue doesn’t pay or isn’t at all popular.

Marla – Grow up.

Oct 07, 2012 10:35pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
paintcan wrote:

I forget to mention another possibility why that priest was murdered. Someone may have just needed a popular or sanctioned reason to kill someone and that little mouse of a man died by the hands of a human cat.

Both Gaddaffi and Saddam died in a way that did not flatter the executioners.

Nations can rouse the killer instinct to raise armies. It’s not uncommon at all. We have been living through ten years of it with no signs that it will ever end.

And “plane” should have been “plain”. I’d spend more time proof reading but can’t stop adding sentences. And only when it’s actually posted do some blinding mistakes become apparent.

Oct 08, 2012 1:54am EDT  --  Report as abuse
paintcan wrote:

I haven’t been putting the puzzle together very well, DeanMJackson, and neither have you.

The last Pope was a critic of the invasion of Afghanistan and the War in Iraq. The child molestation charges surfaced a short time later, as I recall.

The Vatican doesn’t say much now, as far as I know, but I haven’t been to Church in years. You might be blaming the wrong “infiltrators”.

And I still think the Mafia – or organized crime – has a formidable reach and can “protect” anything if they want to. Italy is not a government known for being able to pull it’s cat together. The mafia plays on human weakness.

Duh!

Oct 08, 2012 9:06pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
paintcan wrote:

The first charges against the Catholic Church started in the Clinton years. I am not at all sure, but I don’t think they were supportive of Iraq 1 either. No one but the US was really much involved in it either. I think the Saudis flew bombing sorties.

Every major financial scandal in the past 40 years involving the Vatican has seemed to involve people with shady financial credentials. They were all sharp characters and not noted for their political philosophies. One of the comments about this story listed just a few of them. Religious people staff the Vatican for the most part. If they had any considerable financial skills they probably would not have gone into religious life at all, at least not in modern times. That wouldn’t have been true for the days when Church and State weren’t as separate and the Church was the major educator at almost all levels of European society. The Vatican is more reflective of pre modern Europe in many ways.

It’s simple really. A lot of people think war is man’s work and peace is woman’s work. So therefore in many people’s minds, all priests are women in men’s drag. That is not true by a long shot.

For anyone who doesn’t understand the Mary-Martha metaphor: in Christianity, the Gospel stories talk about Mary (the contemplative) and Martha (the active). Jesus scolds Martha for scolding Mary. But religious communities have both personality types and both are expected to live lives that balance the temperaments. Even contemplative orders required their members to work at something; if only keeping the community’s house clean or making something they could sell for needed cash. And as I understand it – Catholic orders were/are very nearly financially autonomous. Orders active in the community also required their members to spend a good deal of time praying or meditating each day. The Vatican does use the old Roman model as a government structure because that was the one they knew and they are the oldest part of Christianity.

The Shakers, on the other hand, a nearly extinct Protestant order, were a religious community that adapted the monastic and conventual life to American conditions and the democratic idea. It is not encouraging that they didn’t survive. Protestants don’t usually try to create monastic or conventual life because the US was wide-open territory and probably exerted very little population pressure to do so.

All the religions of the world change, or are changed, by social conditions.

Cat” is supposed to be act.

Oct 08, 2012 12:48am EDT  --  Report as abuse