iPad mini won't upset low-end market: analysts

peternt wrote:

Apple dont see the bigger picture, the whole mini tablet thing isnt just about size, it is to do with pricing. If you asked how many of the people that brought a 7 inch tablet, if they did it for size or price, i am guessing there would be a majority who did it on price.

Not everyone in the world can afford the $600 – $1000 for a full sized tablet, and there are people who can, but dont want too. Lots of people have laptops and smartphones and desktops, and their tablet is a gap filler between using their phone until they use their computer.

Oct 24, 2012 9:02am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Overcast451 wrote:

Hype, hype, hype! I like to buy post-hype – heck of a lot cheaper and the bugs are worked out :)

Oct 24, 2012 9:10am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Overcast451 wrote:

*Not everyone in the world can afford the $600 – $1000 for a full sized tablet, and there are people who can, but dont want too.*

Same with a $300.00 tablet honestly. Personally; the problem I have with the current tablets is that I HATE fingerprints on glass, and even more so on a TV or Montior – so ‘touch’ isn’t real impressive for me.

Personally, I could still get used to the touch quickly, if I had a keyboard/mouse dock that made it seem like a desktop/laptop most of the time, but gave me the portability.

But then, I really need very little portability; honestly. It’s not worth $300.00 to me, if it’s “locked down” like typical Apple stuff. If I could ditch their OS and load up whatever flavor of Linux I want or even Windows – I might bite.

So.. I’m waiting on one called the “Spark” – it’s supposed to be real flexible. I’m in IT and I code for a hobby, inflexibility doesn’t work for me at all… not at all :)

Oct 24, 2012 9:25am EDT  --  Report as abuse
Overcast451 wrote:

Oh and… thanks I suppose, for the article.

I didn’t realize the Kindle was that cheap – it’s only $69.00 on Amazon right now, lol.

hmmm… that’s affordable, actually..

Oct 24, 2012 9:38am EDT  --  Report as abuse
jcarob wrote:

ddd

Oct 24, 2012 10:12am EDT  --  Report as abuse
jmmx wrote:

For an interesting analysis of Google Chromebook vs iPads, see:

Oct 24, 2012 10:47am EDT  --  Report as abuse
timacheson wrote:

I would not expect a warmer reception from analysts, for a slightly larger version of the iPod Touch or iPhone, especially not when grossly over-priced like iPad Mini.

Oct 24, 2012 11:01am EDT  --  Report as abuse

The Chinese-made mini Apple iPad is so yesterday — just like Apple is now starting to become.

Oct 24, 2012 12:05pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
kelewisid wrote:

nice would love to have one.

Oct 24, 2012 1:25pm EDT  --  Report as abuse
AdamChew wrote:

The problem with the fortunerellers’ guesses are whether they are right or wrong Apple still get punished.

And they seem to have all the answers to solving the world’s problems so more power to them./s

Oct 25, 2012 3:47am EDT  --  Report as abuse
timacheson wrote:

This is an overly optimistic and up-beat assessment of iPad Mini’s prospects.

iPad Mini will not upset ANY part of any market. It’s a knee-jerk reaction to what rival companies have done better. iPad Mini is a bad joke.

Oct 25, 2012 5:46am EDT  --  Report as abuse