Obama win shows demographic shifts working against Republicans

lawest wrote:

The Republican platform hasn’t changed in decades. Why pose 2012 as something new?
Look at the faces at the DNC as compared to those at the RNC.
Simply stated, Whites have to stop negatively obsessing about race.

Nov 08, 2012 9:06am EST  --  Report as abuse
olskooltoo wrote:

when you give it FREE it will always get what you want

Nov 08, 2012 9:22am EST  --  Report as abuse

“It is a very powerful wake-up call to both political parties,” said Pew’s Taylor.

Ahh…we think the Democrats already got the memo. President Obama won because he appealed to Hispanics, blacks, Asians, young people and educated women …you know, the folks ignored by the GOP???

The best comment was from Fox News to Karl Rove…“Is this math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?”

Priceless :-)

Nov 08, 2012 9:25am EST  --  Report as abuse
julianzr wrote:

It is more than demographics. When a party has to systematically suppress votes to survive, there is a major problem with its ideology, the ideology of greed and narcissism that made Romney absurdly out of touch with essential American familiality & togetherness.

Nov 08, 2012 9:29am EST  --  Report as abuse
RobPorter wrote:

I for one welcome the diversity (BTW…37 year old white male here). This is what America is all about. Remember those melting pot commercials on Saturday mornings? Very few of us could say that any of our ancestors were here more than a century or two ago.

Nov 08, 2012 9:37am EST  --  Report as abuse
Innocentious wrote:

Actually I think more than anything it is not the demographic shift but the press.
Republicans don’t hate women, blacks, gays, or Hispanics. Yet that is the thing that I see the press and others labeling them with. I know lots of Hispanic Republicans. Lots of educated women who agree with republican ideals, etc. Yet in the press they are consistently labeled as not appealing to these groups. You then have group think take over.

Just because you do not believe in an open boarder policy does not mean that you hate Hispanics for crying out loud. Yet that is how it is portrayed over and over again in the media. For pete’s sake my wife is Hispanic. She can’t stand the fact that people come over illegally, regardless of race. It has to do with law NOT race. Yet that is not how it is portrayed in the Media. Even comments I have seen here simply create a stereo type of Republicans. Which is untrue. Yet since we do not control the narrative what can we do other then say. That is not who we are. TO which the press says, yes you are and others parrot.

Nov 08, 2012 9:41am EST  --  Report as abuse
Bob9999 wrote:

As a 55-year-old American while male, I’m really offended that the Republican party is being held up as representing my demographic. While I frequently find myself exasperated with the Democratic party, I despise the Republican party. Republican politicians generally sound (and look) to me like they are lying in order to position themselves to advance a hidden agenda. By contrast, the agenda of the Democratic party is not hidden, even though I may not agree with it in some respects. Given the choice, I have to vote against the person I think is lying to me.

Nov 08, 2012 9:43am EST  --  Report as abuse
tonydfixer wrote:

I will tell you what it is, the old white good ol boys are going out. It is time for real fairness!….Tonydfixer…..Seattle.

Nov 08, 2012 9:47am EST  --  Report as abuse
imntmrmn wrote:

I am a Caucasian, female and close to my mid-forties. I voted for President Obama, even though my state has ALWAYS been Republican. I do not affiliate myself with a certain party, and did not vote a straight ticket.

Reading this article, I have to wonder if the ideas of the President
(the equality factor) has to do with his appeal. It is for me. I am disheartened by some of the people that feel they are better than others, lack respect for those not like them, and generalize EVERYTHING! Do I agree with everything that the President does? Most certainly not. Do I think that Governor Romney would do an ‘alright’ job? Probably. But I most definitely think that President Obama sees what is going on in the country better than what I have seen of the Republican party these past years. I feel like me, “a white, middle-aged woman” is more important and gets more respect from President Obama, than what I feel from the Republican party as a whole. Yes – I am important, yes – I should be allowed to vote, yes – I can think for myself, and yes – I should have EVERY right as EVERYONE else. AND I wish that for my children as well. It’s all about “character” for me, and once someone starts spewing hate (which I expect to see here – towards my comment), what they say is lost on me.

Nov 08, 2012 9:59am EST  --  Report as abuse
rufus728 wrote:

You mean the GOP is popular amongst old white men? What a big surprise!!! I always thought young, hip, cultured, international demographics were their core constituency. Next thing you know you’ll be reporting that the GOP is losing it’s stronghold on America’s urban/metropolitan areas.

Nov 08, 2012 10:16am EST  --  Report as abuse
Ciao wrote:

You do remember that Romney got 49% of the vote, right? As in just barely less than half, as in almost the same number as Obama?

Nov 08, 2012 10:16am EST  --  Report as abuse
tmc wrote:

This will be very important in about 10-15 years. Then the working population will be primarily “minority” and the retired population “the grumpy old white guys”. Not really, but that’s the perception the media is portraying. If that doesn’t change then I think it will not end well for the tail end of the baby boomers.

Nov 08, 2012 10:42am EST  --  Report as abuse
ok-2b-me wrote:

One question: Why are we all so willing to conceal our love for our fellow man but more than willing to show our hatred?

The 2012 election was by no means a blowout for the President or a mandate on his record; he squeaked by. For those who say: “Romney is out of touch?” Voter suppresion? My response is: Do you know the man? Have you met or spent time with him? Maybe you should let MSNBC and the media make those idiotic statements, do not stoop to their level. After all, the President is an evil millionaire, and he got there by never having a real job like the rest of us. Is he out of touch? Who else is out of touch: the Kennedy’s, John Kerry, Warren Buffet (Jimmy’s dad?) Jon Corzine, Joe Biden, Hollywood elites (a.k.a. high school dropout entertainers), etc? Plenty of ultra-rich democrats….but somehow they are in touch? C’mon!

As much as the left wants to make it about race and gender, abortions and gays; it’s not. It gets down to this…..Do you believe that God gives you inalienable rights to be the best you can be and accomplish whatever you set your mind to?…..OR….Do you believe that the jokers in D.C. (both parties) are the ones who give you your rights and tells you what we can achieve in life?

Do you believe that anyone can achieve the American dream? Yep, it’s hard work, may take a while and you may fail once or twice along the way but it is there for us all to go get. Regardless of race, gender or religion.

Or do you believe that people reach a station in life and then must rely on the government for their food, be given inadequate housing in crime ridden neighborhoods and a stipend of money each month. They should continue to send their children to failing schools, because they have no choice. No hope in escaping your station unless you are lucky.

Go have abortions, let anyone who is gay get married. I don’t think that really solves our issues in our country. All illegal aliens are now citizens…Problem solved! This stuff just isn’t important and the media will make you think it is to prevent you from focusing on the real issues.

The financial divide in this country continues to grow because of handouts, declining culture and morals. Handouts create a lack of hope; Culture has changed and deteriorated our family values; and our morals are now being defined by reality TV shows and YES, we can all see it has led to a decline in or society. Ensuring women can get drive through abortions, gay marriage or dumping another $5B into failing schools is not going to change the fact that those who are on the government doles for life will continue to see no hope or change from this President or any politician. I live in NJ and my family and I volunteer at several organizations in Camden. (if you don’t know about Camden then Google it) There is no hope or change coming from the government for these people. They cannot escape nor can their children and our politicians unfortunately want to see that it stays that way.

I am not giving up on American or the people who want to make a difference and who want to work hard and be a part of the American dream.

For those of you who want to spout your ideology and hate for one party or the other, I suggest you wake up. Our issues were caused by selfish, power hunger politicians and I’m pretty sure that they are not going to fix what they broke; it’s job security for them.

If this country is going to change, we need to fix it ourselves. It is time for us all to wake up and get out and make a difference.

Nov 08, 2012 10:48am EST  --  Report as abuse
uc8tcme wrote:

I’m a Black male in mid-40 – college educated. That said – the GOP policies are not inclusive of the entire country. Based on their social views on women health issues, immigration, war, and equal pay and the way they use these to further their causes. The GOP has by far the best ideas on fiscal policy taking a little from the Dems as to not dump on the poor and elderly this could go a long way. I hope the young GOP leaders will take control of the party’s social views over the next decade and become more inclusive. In the end for me it is choosing between who is better on all the issues both fiscal and social. There are more issues relating to social than fiscal; we can’t spend are way or wage a war to get our fiscal mess; but we always will have a social responsibility to all the people in this country to look out for them especially those who can not take care of themselves.

Nov 08, 2012 10:49am EST  --  Report as abuse
DavidLewenz wrote:

The republican brain team did not understand that Obama had cut off Romney’s right arm before the election. Obama demonized Romney and the American public took it hook line and sinker. Mitt never took the American public seriously with a plan that was believable. The American moderate voters would not put there toe in the water. What happens next will blow the American public’s mind. As we go off the fiscal cliff and Obama blames the Republicans. Executive order will be the rule in the White House and tax reform while will not increase the tax rates but rather eliminate the deductions FOR ALL. As the saying goes “be careful for what you wish for”

Nov 08, 2012 11:07am EST  --  Report as abuse
sylvan wrote:

And still no recognition in this article of the voting power of women, of all colors. We are 60% of voters. To ignore women is to be just like the GOP, irrelevant and useless.

Nov 08, 2012 11:07am EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

GOP alters message in order to appeal to Latino voters:

“Corporations are people tooo, Mi Amigo!”

Good times. Obama = 2-term President.

Nov 08, 2012 11:13am EST  --  Report as abuse
Jameson4Lunch wrote:

It’s not about minorities vs. whites. It’s about the Welfare/Warfare paradigm of the current political process. D or R is of little consequence when you consider how the action of both parties is very similar, despite greatly differing rhetoric. Until individuals vote for candidates of individual merit, and we stop being manipulated by a controlled political process that gives you 2 bad options, this country is just going to continue downhill.

It’s easy to say the federal government should do something, but when you centralize power, you have a single point of failure and corruption. The states need to step into many of the roles the fed has assumed, or this country will never right itself until it’s first cannibalized itself from the top down due to the special interests that have infested Washington.

Nov 08, 2012 11:20am EST  --  Report as abuse
morty62 wrote:

The people that built America and made it great, whose vision, values, culture and beliefs built up from wilderness the most powerful and wealthy nation the world has ever known, are committing demographic suicide. And there is no indication that those who are replacing them, mostly Latinos, share those qualities. The United States will eventually tuen into a bigger version of various other countries, Balkanized and fragmented through it’s own misguided, suicidal immigration policies. The people who beat fascism and communism, who put man on the moon,who developed the internet, and who kept the world at relative peace for the past 65 years are in eclipse and there seems very little now that can be done to reverse the trend.

Nov 08, 2012 11:34am EST  --  Report as abuse
Overcast451 wrote:

** Jameson4Lunch wrote:
It’s not about minorities vs. whites. It’s about the Welfare/Warfare paradigm of the current political process**

You have to ignore reality here; THAT Is what the Democrats tell people – and the partisans believe it.

Like they go on about a “women’s right to choose what to do with her body” – yet, they keep prostitution illegal – some choice, eh? As long as you choose what THEY want you to – sure, it’s your choice, lol

And watch; Obama will continue to pit the federal government against the states who legalized pot – yet again a choice; the people in those states voiced their choice, but if you do not choose what THEY WANT you to choose, then you’ll get busted.

The dems then will bash the “rich” – so please, someone point to a democrat senator worth LESS than a MILLION – I’m sure you can’t do it. So aren’t they too, “the rich?”

It’s just that partisans decide to believe one set of lies based on how their party wants them to believe.

Nov 08, 2012 11:51am EST  --  Report as abuse
rocque wrote:

I would hardly call the presidential election “decisive.” The popular vote difference was such that if 1 out of 100 people changed their minds the election would have gone the other way. I can only hope for gridlock — a situation in which congress and the president cannot do anymore damage.

Nov 08, 2012 11:53am EST  --  Report as abuse
xit007 wrote:

A working man’s explanation of the complex tax system.

THE TAX SYSTEM EXPLAINED IN BEER

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this…

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7..
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that’s what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.”. Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men? The paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody’s share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man’s bill by a higher percentage the poorer he was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.

And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).
The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.

“I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,”but he got $10!”
“Yeah, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!”

“That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!” The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn’t have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

In Colorado is will work the same way with pot….

Nov 08, 2012 12:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
SayHey wrote:

As usual, it is a lot more complicated than that. The same things were said about the Irish, Poles etc. who would forever be in the Democratic Party – did not happen. Actually, the Republicans starting already with about one-third of the Latino vote is pretty good – will only go up naturally. It is also interesting that every minority Governor is a Republican.

Nov 08, 2012 12:18pm EST  --  Report as abuse
John2244 wrote:

Articles like this should emphasize that its not Republicans policies that may hurt Hispanics. Obviously as citizens we also look out for the rights of all Americans – hispanic or not.

As a wealthy law abiding Latino, I can easily get over policies that might go against illegal aliens. What I can’t get over is the right wing rhetoric coming out of the press that de-humanize Latino’s, associate all of them with criminal behavior and portray a living on shoestring economic migrant as an evil person.

In fact I would have no problem voting for Mitt Romney – he seems like a decent guy – but his association with various tea party and right wing people made him a no go for most Latinos. A message to the next Republican candidate, stop talking to Rush, Beck, Palin and various rape supporters – be a true small government & small business candidate and you’ll get every Latino vote on our street.

Nov 08, 2012 12:24pm EST  --  Report as abuse
OneOfTheSheep wrote:

The fundamentalists, evangelicals, snake handlers and town-to-town traveling preachers “reviving” something have no place to go inn today’s “politics” but the Republican party. But as their voice has become stronger, I left and voted for Obama as the person likely to do LESS damage to this country. The best of bad choices.

I think it’s long past tine to pry the grasping fingers of these “people of collective voice” from the steering wheel or there’s no point in pulling the Republican party back out of the ditch they drove it into.

Nov 08, 2012 12:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

Democrats have sold out to every group possible. They will continue to have the majority until those groups realize they have been lied too. How many years has nothing that was promised been done for the latinos? How many years has nothing that was promised been done for the homosexual community? What exactly is being done for the African American vote other than claiming that all Republicans are racists? Democrat Robert Byrd was a recruiter for the KKK, but no one seemed to mind that in the Democrat party for 30 plus years. Either way all of the people in the big tent will find a ton of broken promises, and a ton of benefits withdrawn when the government goes bankrupt. Austerity is coming.

Nov 08, 2012 1:09pm EST  --  Report as abuse
neahkahnie wrote:

The “Know Nothings” before the Civil War were anti-Catholic, anti German and anti Irish. The “WASP” backlash from the immigration of the post Civil War period to the 1920′s restricted the immigration of southern and eastern Europeans until after WWII. Now there is another wave of immigration and another generation of youthful activists. If the GOP doesn’t recognize this (they did under TR and won 4 presidencies out of 5) they will become the Whigs of the 21st Century. I don’t think that will happen unless a new political party starts up like the GOP in 1856.

Nov 08, 2012 1:14pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jamesco34 wrote:

All you had to do to understand the difference in demographics between the two parties was to look at the crowds’ makeup at the two parties’ respective election night “celebrations”. That says it all.

Nov 08, 2012 1:14pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

@AlkalineState

As much as I am glad that Romney isn’t President, I wouldn’t call this good times. We are getting into critical times and the Republicans and Democrats still can’t get along. The credit rating is going to drop again, which I guess that doesn’t mean much to most Americans. What it does mean is that borrowing money is going to be more expensive (higher interest rate paid). The money we have is going to buy less. The Democrats and Republicans are not going to agree on a budget. Automatic budget cuts are going to happen. Bush tax cuts are going to expire pulling money out of the private sector. Obama is going to have his very own recession in his second term that he can not blame on anyone else. I don’t know why Romney wanted to be President, there is little chance of stopping the out of control train of deficit and debt in this country. Especially when the conducters are all calling each other socialists and racists.

Nov 08, 2012 1:15pm EST  --  Report as abuse
GLK wrote:

Headline should read, “Democrats Struggle With Plunging Financial Markets in Wake of Pie in the Sky Policies that are About to Hit Every American in the Face.”

Nov 08, 2012 1:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

“The upcoming war within the Republican party will not be between the extreme conservatives and the moderate conservatives. It will be between those who know how to count…. and those who don’t.” -Terry Nelson, Republican Strategist

When your own strategists and party insiders are loading for a civil within the party… there’s going to be a civil war within the party. Bet the south loses again.

Nov 08, 2012 1:18pm EST  --  Report as abuse

This analysis has it wrong…it seems some in the Fourth Estate have either been cowed by their corporate masters or fooled by the teabaggers’ raucus squalling into thinking that either group were anything but a small fraction of the population. The vast majority of Americans are more or less the same. It’s the GOP that’s moved, past mere radicalism into insanity.

I’d also say that people my age (I’m 63) had a lot to do with this as well–the GOP miscalculated badly if they thought we were buying their snake oil. Every time Mitt or Ryan or any of that gang made some smirking comment about “fixing” Social Security and Medicare, most of us responded with a common reaction of “Screw you!”….and–surprise!–we aren’t yet so senile that we forgot about that by Tuesday.

Nov 08, 2012 1:19pm EST  --  Report as abuse
brut7 wrote:

Romney lost when they alienated the Ron Paul base. Very few of us voted for Romney but rather voted for Obama, Gary Johnson or abstained.

The Ron Paul base is largely educated young people with silly notions of ending the unholy Federal Reserve banking cartel.

They don’t want anything to really change or new blood that really wants to fix the country. Their part of the problem, why would they want new people who want to oppose what they secretly do not.

Why? If you don’t know you had better look into it.

Best Wishes

Nov 08, 2012 1:20pm EST  --  Report as abuse

This issue came up approx. 4 years ago but the press played it down not knowing what the public reaction would be, or if it was even politically correct. Now the cat is of the bag, it is common knowledge that the mid US states are predominantly white and also remain insular on lot of issues surrounding them. There will soon be an issue with Macleans and other publications captioning “The changing face of america”
Oh and Karl Rove go suck an egg!

Nov 08, 2012 1:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

@uc8tme

“I’m a Black male in mid-40 – college educated. That said – the GOP policies are not inclusive of the entire country. Based on their social views on women health issues, immigration, war, and equal pay and the way they use these to further their causes.”

Im against the “equal pay” bill. It did not do anything other than make it acceptable to sue your employer because you felt your sex played a role in how much you got paid. It is a pro-lawyer bill, not a pro-woman bill. It subjects businesses to yet another form of litigation in the most litigous society in the world. The discrepancy between income in men and women, is due primarily to CEO pay and the lack of women getting the top money. No business has a set starting wage that differs based on sex. If you are in a job setting where you negotiate your starting pay, then how can you turn around and sue someone for not getting enough. I also don’t want my tax dollars to pay for abortions or contraceptives. It isn’t a war on women. I don’t expect them to pay for porn or contraceptives either. We can’t pay for everyone’s sexual needs.

Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals. We were then promised that illegal immigration was going to stop. If you grant amnesty to another 11 million illegals at a time when we have 7.9% unemployment and millions more who have dropped out of the job market, you wipe out Obama’s 5 million created jobs over night, and open the flood gates for more illegals. That is a lesson learned by Republicans 30 years ago.

The Republicans problem is the religous groups that are pushing their extremist views. Abortion is dead issue. It is legal, get over it. You can be against abortion, no one is going to force you to get one, but you can not take someone else’s liberty away. Same sex marriage needs to be legal, again they are taking someone else’s liberty away. Social conservativism is a losing cause. It impedes on our liberties, and is unAmerican. That is why the Repbulicans are failing. Democrats have the nanny state issues that attack our liberties, and they lose states because of their gun views, or wanting to regulate what we eat, drink, breathe etc. Personally I am Libertarian, voted for Gary Johnson, and I am happy I did. I wish more disollusioned Democrats and Republicans would give the party a chance.

Nov 08, 2012 1:38pm EST  --  Report as abuse
americanguy wrote:

I like what a top Republican analyst said the day after the election.
He said if the Republican party does not playing games, does not stop with the ultra right wing foolishness, and if it keeps obstructing progress and blocking legislation with voting, soon there will be no Republican party.
I agree 100%.
That is what happened in California, where basically there is no Republican party.

Nov 08, 2012 1:47pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ConstFundie wrote:

@Ciao, indeed, But Obama won handily despite not having a stellar first term. The first two years he placated the GOP and led in the same head-down fashion he showed in the first debate, and broke several promises he made to voters despite having legislative party control. He still maintains illegal detention, oppressive non-transparent policies, war, increased oil and natural gas production, and huge deficit spending. Even after regaining ground in the second half, he still had lost around 1-2% support from the far-left and several % of independents. The latter voting R.

The point is that the GOP has to know now that they are not just representing minority positions, but positions completely unacceptable to most Americans. Positions opposed to Equality, Liberty, and Justice for ALL Americans.

Nov 08, 2012 1:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Randy549 wrote:

Unless the Republican Party can figure out how to disentangle fiscal conservatism from social conservatism (and it is the latter that is causing many people to abandon the party), it will continue to erode. There are plenty of reasonable people who believe in living within one’s means but who also reject the deprivation of others’ rights. Right now the Republicans can’t seem to disconnect one from the other, and the reasonable people are forced to vote against the deprivation of rights.

Nov 08, 2012 2:01pm EST  --  Report as abuse
laurapt wrote:

Everyone is saying how it was demographic this or demographic that that won/lost the election. I say rubbish to that.

Demographics had little to do with it, if at all. Republicans simply took bad positions for this election, and bad policies.

That is what lost the election for them.

Nov 08, 2012 2:16pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Rich_F wrote:

lets see how the new minorities like not following in predecessor minorities footsteps like the italians, irish, etc. in terms of moving up the socioeconomic scale due to expanded opportunities from solid economic growth. we’ll see how long they vote against their own best interests as the wealthy will always have ways to shelter their assets and stall job growth. if those better off don’t create job opportunities due to a poor economic climate via misaligned policies out of washington well where are they going to go then? going to be very interesting to watch this unfold.

Nov 08, 2012 2:20pm EST  --  Report as abuse
merko wrote:

As long as the sum total of Republican economics remains tax cuts and de-regulation – regardless of conditions, regardless of circumstances, regardless of need, regardless of outcomes – they will have an uphill climb winning national elections.

Nov 08, 2012 2:32pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

@Randy549

You hit the nail on the head. Fiscal Conservative/Social Liberal = Libertarian by the way. I don’t agree with the party platform 100%, but it represents me much, much better than either of the big parties. We are in need of a 3rd party or more in this country to break the gridlock. The partisan media has driven this country into hating each other, that includes Limbaugh, Hannity, O’ Reilly, Fox, MSNBC, Huffington Post, Politico, Mahr, etc.

Nov 08, 2012 2:44pm EST  --  Report as abuse
onthelake wrote:

the(fantasty new world)

Your wrote “Im against the “equal pay” bill. It did not do anything other than make it acceptable to sue your employer because you felt your sex played a role in how much you got paid. It is a pro-lawyer bill, not a pro-woman bill. It

BULLHOCKEY!!

It has been studied and tested over and over again. SUbmit the identical resume but make one a femal name and one a male naem — and odds are over 80% that the FEMALE will be offeed a lower salary.

And no one want YOU to pay squat towards their birth control They want the health insurance THYE PAY for to cover it!

Or would you rather have your premiums go up and up and up becuase of women being forced to have kids they do not want?

And may your wife tell you to go stick it in a knothole in a tree if you think people will not have sex and that women who can not afford the $1200 or more a year for effective birth control will jsut tell their spouses No

Nov 08, 2012 2:47pm EST  --  Report as abuse
PCScipio wrote:

@Rich_F: Why do you think the economy isn’t improving? It may not be improving quickly, but it’s improving. You guys need to break out of your right-wing, FNC media bubble and touch base with day to day reality, like the stock market does.

As far as the economic climb of the Irish, Italians, etc., is concerned, do you have any idea how long that took? Decades and decades. Jeez, for conservatives trying to stop the flow of history, you have precious little understanding of it.

Nov 08, 2012 2:52pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bromeando wrote:

Republicans are going to have to get rid of the bigots in their party. That’s going to be hard to do.

Nov 08, 2012 2:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bromeando wrote:

Nov 08, 2012 2:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bromeando wrote:

Nov 08, 2012 2:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mikemm wrote:

As long as the GOP continues to pander to the Tea Party and Religious right, they will continue to become more out of touch and continue to lose supporters.
Getting out of this mess is a long haul. If they drop the far right fringe, they will lose several races until they can build back the old GOP, but that is a long term way to get back in the game. Keeping the far right fringe will just keep purging all the moderates and then the right of center people and then the further leaning right people, etc…

Nov 08, 2012 3:07pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mikemc1970 wrote:

No. 3.5 million more conservatives stayed home in 2012 than they did in 2008. The demographics haven’t shifted on the Republicans. The Republican party has shifted away from it’s base demographic.

Nov 08, 2012 3:16pm EST  --  Report as abuse
brotherkenny4 wrote:

It’s only partially the demographics that have caused the shift. I think mostly it’s an age/generational thing. The younger people are more diverse and accepting. The intollerance of the republicans only appeals to older people. Now, I am 57, white, male, and would never vote for the republicans. I see them as liars and cruel and greedy. I have always know that they represented big business, and after Nixon they had former southern democrats on their side too. So, yes the demographics are changing, but mostly, the younger people aren’t as gullible when it comes to the republicans pitting everyone against each other. You know, the technique of blaming someone else for all the problems. Plus lately the FOX lying machine has gotten extremely crazy. So FOX, you want to win over young people? Try not calling college women whores. Ya know, just sayin’.

Nov 08, 2012 3:19pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mikemm wrote:

The GOP is quickly making some progress since the election results.
Instead of 47% of the country being moochers, the current popular vote for Obama is forcing them to now up it to 50%.

That’s the GOP perspective in a nutshell. Anyone who voted for Obama to them must be those moochers just looking for handouts and free stuff from the government and the ones not paying any taxes.
I don’t fit that stereotype and none of the Obama suporters I know do either, but the GOP has always felt entitled to thier own facts.

Nov 08, 2012 3:24pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BillDexter wrote:

An observation I have is that the immigrants coming here today, legal or otherwise, will never have the opportunities that the ‘golden age’ immigrants had. They were allowed to come here because they suited the national interest and filled frontiers and factories. Everybody benefited. Today, immigrants fill social service offices and hospitals. This is not the fault of the immigrants. They come here for a better oppertunity just like always. The problem is that their arrival is no longer on our best interest, as we have no factories anymore and very high unemployment even without them.

The Democrats have fully capitalized on these new immigrants with the politics of government dependency and race baiting and the Republicans have not. As the ‘Latino’ vote for President Obama indicates, ‘minorities’ (the new majority) will accept the Democrat’s paradigm of race baiting and handouts under the auspices of ‘equality’ and they will laugh all the way to the bank. As long as ‘reaching out’ to the ‘shifting demographics’ is defined as a contest of who can promise the most free stuff, Republicans will never succeed.

When the Chinese start imposing terms of austerity on us as a condition for further loans and the checks don’t show up on time – well, that’s a story for another day.

Nov 08, 2012 3:25pm EST  --  Report as abuse
4ward wrote:

Almost everyone seems to be attributing President Obama’s win to a “demographic shift.” It’s really about the relationship between demographics and the President’s message.

Most American don’t really seem to care which side wins, so long as the message we get from a candidate seems like the best way forward for the country as a whole.

Sadly, the conservative message is not forward looking. But in a world often plagued with man-made unfairness and unlawful prejudice, conservatism is problematic for a majority of Americans.

On the other hand, a progressive message seems best suited to address those issues, and demographics would certainly help to shape a progressive Democratic platform.

Nov 08, 2012 3:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mstamper wrote:

So in other words, to succeed the Republican Party must become a “me-too” welfare state, tax and spend, soft on crime, deficit spending, open borders, gay marriage, affirmative action clone of the Democrats? Terrific! What a wonderful democracy we will have. So many choices!

Nov 08, 2012 3:44pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

The republican party does not need to change. They have rasmussen polls and foxnews that keep their hopes up in the hard times.
Perpetual good news for themselves.

Hey, how’s that working out for you guys? Was your raz-missin’ poll hittin’ or missin’ this time. Good stuff.

Nov 08, 2012 3:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse
freethinking wrote:

They should have given Ron Paul the Republican ticket. He would have won this for the GOP … so easily.

Nov 08, 2012 3:48pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bemore2day wrote:

For anyone claiming that the Obama victory is not a clear win or mandate because of the small margin in the popular vote should realize this is not the first narrow win in presidential history.

Let’s look back at the popular vote:

Kennedy won 0.17% over Nixon
Carter won 0.51% over Ford
G.W. Bush won -0.51% over Gore (yes, he lost the popular vote, but won in the Electoral College)
G.W. Bush won 2.46% over Kerry
Obama wins 2.4% over Romney (not the final number, Florida is still out)

Obama has won, no matter how close it was, no matter the demographics, and no matter your political party.

We have our president, and regardless of how you voted, or what your demographic niche is, the house and senate must man up and work with our president to resolve our problems and move our country forward without partisan politics!…NO MORE obstructionism, get to work and do the job you were elected to do!

Nov 08, 2012 4:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ConradU812 wrote:

You can’t compete with a political party that gives people something for nothing. Being dependent upon the government doesn’t bother most people in the least.

Nov 08, 2012 4:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
americanguy wrote:

I just wish Republicans would quit being such sore losers, and stop the constant cry babying and whining 24/7. Another 4 years of constant attacks, lies, and childish acts? What are you people, mental cases or just anti-democracy? I had hoped it would calm down after President Obama won TWO TIMES and got he MAJORITY OF THE VOTE and beat both candidates by a LANDSLIDE with the ELECTORAL VOTES. I think the right wing talk show hosts all quit years ago, and simply play the same old recorded comments over and over again, every day, for their pathetic brainwashed lemmings. What a waste of air time.

Nov 08, 2012 4:03pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rubbadubdub wrote:

Far right republicans are from a generation that doesnt exist anymore.
Everyone understands that universal rights can actually be achieved now.

For example, the right to free health care for every, Free higher Education, free flow of all information and eventually material items for a fraction of the cost they are now.

Bit idealist, but its looking possible.

The Right want to go to war in a world where it’s increasingly more stupid to isolate, rather than co-exist. Should really send all the bible bashers to the middle east so they can live in the appropriate time period.

Nov 08, 2012 4:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rubbadubdub wrote:

Far right republicans are from a generation that doesnt exist anymore.
Everyone understands that universal rights can actually be achieved now.

Bit idealist, but its looking possible.

Nov 08, 2012 4:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rubbadubdub wrote:

Far right republicans are from a generation that doesnt exist anymore.
Everyone understands that universal rights can actually be achieved now.

Bit idealist, but its looking possible.

Nov 08, 2012 4:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rubbadubdub wrote:

Far right republicans are from a generation that doesnt exist anymore.
Everyone understands that universal rights can actually be achieved now.

Bit idealist, but its looking possible.

Nov 08, 2012 4:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rubbadubdub wrote:

Far right republicans are from a generation that doesnt exist anymore.
Everyone understands that universal rights can actually be achieved now.

Bit idealist, but its looking possible.

Nov 08, 2012 4:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rubbadubdub wrote:

Far right republicans are from a generation that doesnt exist anymore.
Everyone understands that universal rights can actually be achieved now.

Bit idealist, but its looking possible.

Nov 08, 2012 4:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rubbadubdub wrote:

Far right republicans are from a generation that doesnt exist anymore.
Everyone understands that universal rights can actually be achieved now.

Bit idealist, but its looking possible.

Nov 08, 2012 4:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rubbadubdub wrote:

Far right republicans are from a generation that doesnt exist anymore.
Everyone understands that universal rights can actually be achieved now.

Bit idealist, but its looking possible.

Nov 08, 2012 4:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse

this is much more about pandering and self righteous youth, they act as if they have answers yet they are adopting the burdens which are currently being developed by their choice the Democratic candidate was not popular with working class, so what do you have left, and the minorities and people seeking special privilege such as murdering their unborn children obviously want a candidate that says “you have that right” so your choice will be your burden, thanks,

Nov 08, 2012 4:12pm EST  --  Report as abuse
flashrooster wrote:

I’m a white male in my mid fifties. I’m neither proud nor ashamed of my race because that doesn’t make sense to me. That would be like being proud that my eyes are hazel. In other words, it’s just skin color. I REALLY don’t care what race a person is. That said, I’m really frustrated with the continuing bigotry I see with a lot of Caucasians, particularly males. It has gotten soooooo old. And they’re in complete denial. I really believe most don’t think they’re racist. It’s called opinion, as if the two can’t overlap. Folks in the KKK had opinions, too; very strong opinions. They think that racism suddenly just evaporated into thin air. Right.

Certainly not all white people who are opposed to Barack Obama are racists, but you can usually figure out those who are by spending a little time talking to them, or reading their posts. When they ignore facts in order to continue their hatred of Obama unabated, that’s usually a good indication that bigotry is involved. Most conservatives I know–and living in Mississippi, I know many–refuse to get informed on the facts and most won’t even talk about politics, probably because when they do they get confronted with facts that counter their positions, and they’re not interested in learning. When it comes to Obama, they just want to hate him.

I had lunch with two women a couple of weeks ago, both intelligent, educated women. They made reference to “my guy” in the election and I asked them why they’re so opposed to Obama. One answered that she can’t support a President who travels around the world apologizing for America. I told her that he’d never done that, and both just wanted to end the conversation there. That was a very typical experience with conservatives. I have a male friend who asked me if I was still planning to vote for “the n_gger”. He was being totally serious, but when I brought it up to him later, he said he was just kidding. At another time he actually said he was reconsidering his vote (for Romney) because of an article he read where Obama supports science and research more than Romney. This guy’s a PhD in chemistry and teaches. But I know he voted for Romney. No white southern male who refers to Obama the way he did could bring himself to vote for him.

So much of what they believe is delusional, based on canards, fabrications, exaggerations, and prevarications, anything that enables them to cling to the belief that Democrat = bad, Republican = good. And the Democrat = bad part of the equation is the most important, because most Republicans can’t pretend that EVERYTHING their party does is good, but in their minds anything is better than Democrats.

BillDexter: You appear to fall into the category of Republican that I just described. Obama and the Dems do not practice politics of government dependency, but if you’re going to make the charge, prove it. Otherwise, you’re just one of the rightwing deluded. You give us a perfect example. You’re suggesting that minorities are attracted to the Democratic Party because the Democrats offer government dependency. Your assumption that such a thing would attract minorities reveals your bigotry. Why didn’t you say that they were attracted to the Democratic Party because they believe in a fair playing field or they believe in promoting science, protecting the environment, or the emphasis the Democrats put on education? No, for you it has to be something demeaning, like government dependency. You’ve been exposed (not that it took me to do that.) This–is what I’m sooooo tired of.

Nov 08, 2012 4:27pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Jameson4Lunch wrote:

@ConradU812

So true. There was a time where men felt shame in welfare. They would do ANY crap job, but not succumb to being dependent on the government for their survival. Those people are mostly gone it seems. It’s a shame, because that was a big part of the American Spirit that made our country the greatest in the world.

Nov 08, 2012 4:27pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Carmi wrote:

lawest: Likewise, Blacks, Hispanics, and Latinos need to stop obsessing about race. I’m white and I just voted for Obama the second time as did many of my white friends and relatives. I’d have a hard time finding a Black person who voted for Romney. Of course, the GOP needs to change or they’ll be going out of business.

Nov 08, 2012 4:29pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Carmi wrote:

Ciao wrote:

______________________________________________________________________
Well, you see, that is just it. If the GOP/Romney appealed to other segments of society he probably would have won. I’m not sure how you’re missing the point and this is important because the American population is becoming less and less white as time moves forward.

Nov 08, 2012 4:36pm EST  --  Report as abuse
VarunLBerry wrote:

last 2 decades have seen lot immigrants from Asia and region, neighboring regions accounts too, so the dynamics have changed and it will continue to change. The objectives political parties need to have should be more focused towards making America the leader no1 by incorporating all citizen of America irrespective to race.

Nov 08, 2012 4:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
iMom wrote:

Here’s part of the problem as I see it with today’s GOP. When they allowed themselves to go from honoring thoughtful, intelligent statesmen and turned towards the “scorched-earth” policies touted by Newt Gingrich, Karl Rove and the rest of those types, then got infected with Tea Party extremists the GOP put itself well out of the mainstream. When a party works harder to suppress people’s legitimate right to vote because turnout wouldn’t favor them than they do to get out all votes, there’s a problem. They got a bit overly cocky when they managed to find a way to steal the 2000 election, then came the Citizens United decision courtesy of an ultra conservative (politically not judicially) chief justice (which probably will go down in history as one of the worst decisions ever, right up there with Plessy vs. Ferguson) and the legalized buying of elections by the uber-rich you can see that the people of the US are finally waking up to our democracy being highjacked out from under us. Gone are the days when compromise was how things got done, now it’s a dirty word and any GOP person with an ounce of sense who is willing to actually get something done on behalf of the people finds themselves being screamed at by teabagger nutjobs and threatened with extinction. I have known some thoughtful, intelligent moderate GOP folks in my lifetime but the GOP of today seems to be run by screeching nutty idealogues who do not reflect the best of the United States but instead reflect the worst — loud, belligerent, minority hating/baiting, mysogynist, control-freaks. I almost feel sorry for the normal folks who have good reasons for having been Rebuplican — but then if they can’t stand up and be counted and take back their party from the wacko fringe, I guess this is how it’s going to be from now on with the GOP. If so, I say RIP.

Nov 08, 2012 4:42pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

The GOP is beginning its ditch-the-clan moment. Us democrats already went through this in the 60′s. The same hillbillies who are ruining the GOP now, were ruining ours back then. Kennedy initiated the break with the Civil Rights movement. By 1980, nearly all the clan hillbillies had jumped to the GOP.

The GOP has gotten addicted to all those red square states on the map. Birthers, teabaggers, snake-handlers…. throw them a little red meat on abortion and guns, they turn out. It’s like a machine. But it’s now starting to hurt the GOP more than help them. In the age of Youtube and a movie camera in every pocket, throwing red meat to hillbillies is a major liability. You begin to feel…. ‘legitimately raped’ by the clan’s demands.

So make the break, GOP. It hurts for a while. Your numbers will be down. You’ll have some lean years. But you’ll come back. And you’ll come back stronger and cleaner without them.

Nov 08, 2012 4:52pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jeffyc wrote:

Democratic shifts toward welfare- bottom line!

Nov 08, 2012 5:04pm EST  --  Report as abuse
olewhiteman wrote:

The GOP cannot completely rely on the “old white man” demographic. I qualify as a old white man (rapidly approaching 60 y/o)and live in Ohio My brother (a long time Colorado resident) a year younger also qualifies as an old white man–we both are Democrats and Obama supporters. Then there is my 84 y/o Dad who is definitely an old white manwho consideres himself a good Christian. He is a former small-town mayor in SW Ohio, still registered as a Republican. A few days before the election, we had to quiet him down a bit in a restaurant as he loudly threatened to move to Canada if Romney was elected! He said he could “not understand how any senior in their right mind could vote for that man” (Romney). He said from day one (after Obama was first elected) the Republicans did everything in their power to make the President fail. Dad said, how could Romney claim the President’s policies failed when the Republican party did everything it could to prevent the President from enacting/implimenting his policies? Dad sure is smart for an old white man!!
So not only are the overall demographics of the country changing away form the GOP, but at least some of their base is migrating away form the Republican Party.

Nov 08, 2012 5:32pm EST  --  Report as abuse

I am a staunch Republican who is entirely supportive of gay marriage, abortion and strict separation of church and state. The GOP desperately needs to get rid of the religious right. The problem is that a presidential candidate can’t make it through the primaries without the help from the religious zealots. The only chance we have to choose a fiscal conservative/social moderate is for Republicans who are like-minded to show up in force and push through a candidate who doesn’t say he’s going to overturn Roe vs. Wade or suggest that Hispanics should “self-deport”.

Nov 08, 2012 5:47pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bladesaint wrote:

All this election signifies is that the liberal party is made up of lazy, useless people that have figured out they can vote themselves the keys to the treasury and as such chose the man that promised the most stuff, completely heedless that they have now chosen the path to ruination for us as a whole. Liberals don’t care about that as long as they get their 55 inch flatscreens and their escalades and their foodstamps. The only reason the republican party is dying is because there are fewer and fewer responsible, hard working, tax paying patriots left in the country. So the next time you liberals parrot citizen zero and yell “Forward!” Don’t forget to add the words “into damnation!”

Nov 08, 2012 6:29pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

The trend is that the GOP is losing overall market share. And with their old people dying off and new voters signing on 2:1 Democrat over Repulbican for the past 6 years and counting….. their future is dim.

Adapt or Die. That means root out your own bigots before Youtube does it for you. Reach out to people. Know that your family values are not for everyone. Your Bible is not for everyone. Women were not put on earth to serve men. Just common sense stuff.

Nov 08, 2012 6:33pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bladesaint wrote:

Texas_BlueBlood, so you’re saying the only way to save the republican party is to become a bunch of God hating persecutors of the religious who are obsessed with sodomy and killing unborn children? We already have a party like that, they’re called democrats. They’re desperately evil people and you would probably like them a lot. In fact, I don’t know why you even consider yourself a republican at all, if anything you’re a joke of a RINO.

Nov 08, 2012 6:38pm EST  --  Report as abuse
AlkalineState wrote:

And…. bladesaint comes along to prove everyone’s point about the hillbilly condition of today’s GOP. Bladesaint, let’s all get along. I am confident there is warmth and kindness in you somewhere.

Oh and here’s Mitt Romney’s ass. Would you mind handing that to him. Tell him it’s from the ‘liberal party.’

Nov 08, 2012 7:14pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

@onthelake

I don’t know any recent job interview that I have been in where I have not offered how much I will work for and what my compensation package will be. The jobs before I was college educated had posted salaries before I applied, and they didn’t have a second one posted for women. The bill only allows for litigation, it does not make a standard wage for men and women. You obviously are not familiar with it.

For your education, the Equal Pay Act of 1963 made it illegal to pay people differently based on their sex.

“The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 (Pub.L. 111-2, S. 181) is a federal statute in the United States that was the first bill signed into law by President Barack Obama on January 29, 2009. The Act amends the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The new act states that the 180-day statute of limitations for filing an equal-pay lawsuit regarding pay discrimination resets with each new paycheck affected by that discriminatory action. The law directly addressed Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., 550 U.S. 618 (2007), a U.S. Supreme Court decision that the statute of limitations for presenting an equal-pay lawsuit begins on the date that the employer makes the initial discriminatory wage decision, not at the date of the most recent paycheck.”

Consider yourself a little more educated. The bill only opens up more litigation, it does nothing more than that. It is a trap bill, if you are against it you are against equal pay for women right? No, I am against subjecting our employers to even more frivolous litigation.

As far as the birth control issue, if it is just between women and their health insurance companies, why exactly is the government involved in it? Is the government telling the health insurance companies what they must cover now? I pay for the birth control for my household. That is enough for me. If you can’t afford a box of condoms, sex is the least of your issues. It isn’t a war on women, it is a war on my wallet. You will find out very quickly that there isn’t enough other people’s money to pay for everything. The self sufficient in America are going to be laughing their butts off like you Democrats are this week when Austerity smacks you in the mouth.

Nov 08, 2012 7:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

@bladesaint

God and politics have nothing to do with each other. If you want that, move to the middle east. Our country was founded by people who wanted to escape church ran government. You can have your religion, but it has no place in American politics. You can have your own personal beliefs and the way you feel you should live your life. End it there. Voting to enforce your religous views on everyone else is tyrannical, and if you are a Christian you would know that Christ never sought to enforce his doctrines on anyone, especially though the government. If that doesn’t work for you, you can go found your evangelical party and cry election after election as you are soundly rejected by Americans who believe in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Nov 08, 2012 7:36pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jeff81201 wrote:

It isn’t about getting free stuff. It’s abut not buying into the pathetically shallow belief that we are here to work ourselves to death to make a bigger pile of mostly useless stuff than the next fellow.

Nov 08, 2012 8:18pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jeff81201 wrote:

“In 2004 Bush, with only a 2.46% victory over Kerry, claimed he had a mandate and political clout to “spend” in moving forward his agenda with congress after his victory.”

I remember watching him say that and even now can feel how angry I was at him and appalled I was with him. Idiot.

Nov 08, 2012 8:27pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Eideard wrote:

I expect the Republicans to do nothing constructive, progressive within. The Kool Aid Party sees no need to change anything except continue their march to the 19th Century.

The response to growing numbers of Hispanic voters will be a greater effort to reverse voting rights, increase deportations of undocumentados [who aren't voting anyway] to try to intimidate.

And they will fail.

Nov 09, 2012 12:32pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Obama’s win only shows the demographics of people who came out and voted. Democrats lost 8 million voters from 2008 and Republicans lost 2 million. There was only a 1-3% points difference in popular vote. There is no Democrat mandate. Polls overwhelmingly show majority of Americans want Obamacare repealed and a bipartisan solution. Which the GOP offered several different plans and amendments during Obamacare writing, but were NEVER allowed to hit the floor. Republicans didn’t win because they didn’t get out the vote. And their message was obliterated by the media. Only time GOP was ahead was when people actually got to hear Mitt Romney’s message free and clear from manipulative headlines and talking heads. Old white men. Please. So tired of the racist/sexist divisive pandering from this administration. And if the GOP starts, ack. Balkanization. Weimar Republic. Peron’s Argentina. Austerity. That’s where our future is unless we get new media that educates the public and protects us from tyrants. GOP and DEM.

Nov 09, 2012 12:47pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jimmy6p wrote:

When you have the Party big wig McConnell putting Congress on full stop just to keep the President from doing ANYTHING for 4 years, you have a Party that is essentially hostile toward the American public. People like him need to be shown the door and never let back in.

Nov 09, 2012 6:25pm EST  --  Report as abuse