Petraeus relationship leads to book, scandal for Broadwell

Sounds like a real sad situation, something that could happen in any life time situation, for anyone where 2 people get to be real close and get to know and enjoy the others company. It happens in the real world and a great man has lost a position he should not have lost because of the comments about him and the lady. He has tried to reduce any collateral damage by resigning, something he should not have to do.

The president should reinstate him and clear the mans record, no danger was threatend to the security of the USA as both were envolved in the security of the US in their various jobs. There was not outside danger or influence at all, so not a serious problem. Both where married and this happens in everyday life, even if we don’t like it, sadly is a fact of life. Time we all get on with our own lives and let these people do the same. Give the man back the job he loves and does well, it is a big loss for the US forces and the UN as well as Nato.

My best wishes go to both of these great people, I am a Brit and support these 2 deserving people, in what ever action they take. My respect goes out to them both for being honest and telling the truth straight away.

Tony Rees

Nov 11, 2012 2:37am EST  --  Report as abuse
roo59 wrote:

Story makes for a great smoke stream especially to those that still believe in political gods.

Nov 11, 2012 2:47am EST  --  Report as abuse

I can easily empathize with him. From the description of her, and ALL of her attributes, it would be Herculean NOT to succumb to a physical attraction working in close quarters and interacting with each other. One can be super tough in combat situations but a super weakling in emotional situations. He MUST have known from the beginning that it would be hard NOT to fall in LOVE with her. I would believe that she knew it too. She being herself, made it easy to fall in love with her. She may have had her faults but never obvious under the circumstances of attraction. Oh well, Pity.

Nov 11, 2012 3:24am EST  --  Report as abuse
NEWSTIME2010 wrote:

Book Promotion?
It is like a Star War or maybe just a fling.
Can’t any one map out the whole elite in US.
Imagine all the secret “love” relations we don’t yet know about?
My fav would be Hillary Clinton’s.

Nov 11, 2012 3:30am EST  --  Report as abuse
Caspary wrote:

Love conquers everything!

Nov 11, 2012 4:50am EST  --  Report as abuse

Matters of National Intelligence would gain from being dealt with internally, not turning a public vaudeville. Nothing more substantial to chew on lately Mr. Reporters?

Nov 11, 2012 6:26am EST  --  Report as abuse
onewire wrote:

The only scandal here is the news media making much ado about
nothing. It’s not our business if the General and Mrs. Broadwell
have an affair. National security was not threat’nd and I hate to
see these two fine people drug over the carpet. Affairs happen to
the best of people. I know.

Nov 11, 2012 12:04pm EST  --  Report as abuse
zzlangerhans wrote:

“A man who answered the door at the home told a reporter to get off the property. Three bags, displaying the name of a cupcake bakery, were on the front porch.”

What is the point of the second sentence in that short paragraph? I interpret it as a threat. “You can tell me to get off your property, but I know where you get your cupcakes and I could tell the world if I wanted to. You’re lucky I’m a nice guy so that you can still get your cupcakes in peace”.

What a plague these people are.

Nov 11, 2012 12:11pm EST  --  Report as abuse
StigTW wrote:

Am I the only person thinking it’s a little odd to have to resign from your job because you had an affair? Millions of other people have them without resigning…

Nov 11, 2012 1:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
puzzled wrote:

Is this the first great man to committ adultery (or great woman for that matter – although I dont believe Broadwell earns that status yet). Look at Clinton, Kennedy and so on – heck clinton lied to world about it and is still one of the most popular presidents in history – seems like the admiral is owning up to it and shouldnt be disciplined – the man has done more good for this country than any of us could ever imagine. Give him a break –

Nov 11, 2012 9:16pm EST  --  Report as abuse