American Music Awards hits ratings low, despite Bieber fever

Stop wrote:

It’s the lowest yet because the so-called music isn’t good! The great majority of performers are terrible and can’t really sing well. It’ s no longer an art form … it’s only about how much money they can make.I’ll bet you want to know my age …

Nov 19, 2012 1:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Barlow wrote:

Is anyone actually surprised at the ratings drop? The awards shows are just self pomp amongst industry sweethearts. And the music is repetitive, unoriginal with artists that lack originality and have to hire songwriters to compose their music, people to teach them how to do their dance moves, and digital equipment to alter their voice for recordings and to play their music live for them.

Is it any wonder more and more people are tuning out? The music industry has entered a slump – one that they’ve engineered themselves by squelching all forms of creative talent to focus on mass-produced garbage.

Nov 19, 2012 2:07pm EST  --  Report as abuse
endtimes wrote:

So the demographic viewership was down? Overall audience down? A small glimmer of hope that people may be discovering that it’s really the “American Contrived Crap Freak Show Awards”…
NASCAR is spec. racing, and American music is spec. performing. How long can we continue to consume this stuff?

Nov 19, 2012 2:09pm EST  --  Report as abuse
SarahinTexas wrote:

I have no interest in watching any award shows. It’s just a collection of narcissistic actors and musicians congratulating each other on being awesome. Isn’t it enough for them that they make bucketloads of money at an exciting career? If I want to see your movie or listen to your music, I will. I certainly don’t need to see you thanking God on a 4-hour-long awards telecast several times a year.

Nov 19, 2012 2:11pm EST  --  Report as abuse
sdorcus wrote:

I wasted the first 5 minutes watching a very strange and uninspiring performance. Flipped over several more times realized that was the best there was went to reruns….How sad a program that used to entertain no longer can.

Nov 19, 2012 2:18pm EST  --  Report as abuse
candide08 wrote:

The awards hit a low despite Bieber fever? No, I think they hit the low BECAUSE OF Bieber fever?

Nov 19, 2012 2:18pm EST  --  Report as abuse
stungun wrote:

Maybe it was just us in Idaho, but the satelite signal seemed really bad for the show, so maybe it effected the Neilson TV’s too. All my other cable chanels worked fine but the Music Awards kept pixilating then dropping sound and picture. Oddly, my NBC football did the same thing. Maybe there was a solar flare or whatever, but just thought I’d add my 2 cents of experience TRYING to watch here in paradise. Other fun was had, no doubt! :-)

Nov 19, 2012 2:18pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Obijuankinobi wrote:

It’s amazing that people still watch this talent less Award show.Better talent is coming out of the UK than the USA.

Nov 19, 2012 2:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bigjohn111 wrote:

To be honest award shows need to change the format. I’m so tired of the thank you bob, thank you this, thank you that, over 1 million times over the night.

I did like the pace of the shows, and many were awesome. But the performers accepting the awards just made me yawn. Something needs to be done differently, maybe give them the trophy and have them do sit down interviews. Talk about the records, or video, whatever.

Nov 19, 2012 2:39pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BlakeC wrote:

Anyone ever think it is because of Bieber and that Psy fellow that the viewership dropped? I didn’t care for Bieber, but I condede he has a couple of good tunes. That other guy is gross and I don’t understand anything he is singing and his dancing is as silly as he looks. If these two clowns are the best they have to offer, then next year will be worse. By the way, how many heads can Bieber get into that huge hat he’s wearing?

Nov 19, 2012 3:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse

I am boycotting any program or product for that matter that mentions Nicki Manaj (sp?). If that is talent or an artist in todays music business I have no need for it.

Nov 19, 2012 3:12pm EST  --  Report as abuse
desertlover wrote:

Biebder fever, sure I have it. Well actually, it is more like he makes me sick !!!

Nov 19, 2012 3:51pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ShanzMom wrote:

Any show that gives an “award” to Justin Bieber or has such talentless “talent” is not a real award show. Period.

Nov 19, 2012 4:11pm EST  --  Report as abuse
hoopers wrote:

It’s spelled “due to” not “despite”. Really? This is the best male musician in world right now?

Nov 19, 2012 4:23pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Racemaster wrote:

People probably getting tired of teen age girly boys being made out to be “heroes”…..

Nov 19, 2012 4:34pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Teluu wrote:

We’re missing those days of Wilson Picket…and co. Music these days are for thirteen year old’s and not attractive to real adult music lovers. I was watching re-runs of Two and a half men. I click pass the music award just like some TV commercial.

Nov 19, 2012 10:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse