Trayvon Martin's killer sues NBC over racist "myth"

ablingcain wrote:

do not settle out of court. no sagreement to seal records. get into court and and let the facts show how corrupt and deliberately deceitful it is and how they attempted to crucify you.

Dec 06, 2012 10:25pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ablingcain wrote:

Dec 06, 2012 10:25pm EST  --  Report as abuse
m1234567890 wrote:

I hope that NBC gets clobbered.

Its time that the networks were held accountable for their ‘innocent’ mistakes. All of which, coincidentally, seem to err of the side of sensationalism

Dec 06, 2012 10:34pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TomMariner wrote:

While Mr. Zimmerman is going after NBC, how about something against an Attorney General of the United States who landed hard legally against him before the first testimony was heard. I can understand Al Sharpton bringing Black Panthers with him from New York to threaten an entire town, but I would have thought the top law enforcement officer of the country would have moved more carefully.

Well, the election’s over, posturing for the base can relax, and maybe we’ll find out what happened to end a life — so we can avoid it in the future.

Dec 06, 2012 10:37pm EST  --  Report as abuse
james1611king wrote:

Let’s hope that NBC gets shut down. He will need to add AP and the paper who authorized this title, “Martin’s killer…” How about Trayvon Martin’s victim who defended himself?

Dec 06, 2012 10:39pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jacinda wrote:

When reporting a story regarding a lawsuit claiming a news orgainization be biased and misrepresenting the issues, you headline it as “Trayvon Martin’s killer……”. I think your organization should show neutrality on the issues instead of perpetuating biased news reporting.

Dec 06, 2012 10:44pm EST  --  Report as abuse
tergen wrote:

The NBC report caused the President and several highly visible civil rights activists to the racist conclusion…not to mention the American public.

If NBC doesn’t settle this out of court, they need new lawyers. I hope I’m on the jury. This was clearly an intentional and malicious attempt to smear the accused.

And of course, as usual, the President showed no courage total irresponsibility in not following up his misjudged speech with any retraction. I guess he was hoping for a race war.

Dec 06, 2012 10:52pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ArizOWNya wrote:

Too many Looney comments from you crazy’s, this guy was looking for trouble. Started stalking this kid, began an altercation which resulted in a fight that he lost to the point he had to pull out his gun to feel like a tough guy. You people disgust me.

Dec 07, 2012 3:07am EST  --  Report as abuse
gvalentino wrote:

After all that’s been said, shown and debated about this case, I still come away with a feeling that something ‘ain’t kosher’ about this whole mess. Trayvon Martin is dead. Mr. Zimmnerman is responsible for that, in my opinion. According to me it was a crime of opportunity and if I were on the jury, I’d vote 2nd degree murder.

Dec 07, 2012 10:14am EST  --  Report as abuse
PKFA wrote:

I believe that, if this were the only instance by NBC of deliberate editing with intent to mislead or sensationalize, then Mr. Zimmerman would have a tough time in his pursuit. But in fact the network is an habitual offender in altering the facts, so a pattern of behavior should be simple to prove. If the results are monetary compensation, then the case should be settled. If, however, Mr. Zimmerman seeks to mitigate the damage done to his reputation by this irresponsible media behavior, then he would want to prolong the litigation and its accompanying outrage as long as possible. The jury pool has already been tainted; perhaps some highly publicized righteous indignation will help Mr. Zimmerman obtain a fair murder trial.

Dec 07, 2012 10:35am EST  --  Report as abuse
lemonfemale wrote:

Although Zimmerman will have to prove “actual malice” since NBC is media, it strains my brain to believe the decisuion to leave out the 911 operator asking him to describe Trayvon was an accident. It changes the meaning so profoundly. Zimmerman has had a few cheap shots taken- the “white Hispanic” drivel being the most flagrant next to the edited 911 tape.
As to the case itself, there is a new photo of a bloody Zimmerman taken that day. He may well have been defending himself. But he may well have initiated the confrontation. In my state of AK you cannot pick a fight and then claim self-defense. I don’t know Florida law. I hope the court sorts it out- and that Zimmerman cleans NBCs clock.

Dec 07, 2012 11:18pm EST  --  Report as abuse
LoudaJew wrote:

it’s amazing how some still defend Trayvon Martin’s actions after the recent picture of GZ came out after the prosecution has been hiding it for so long. brainwashing is real, and the media who will be sued is responsible.

Dec 09, 2012 1:54pm EST  --  Report as abuse