Mass gay weddings, now legal, expected in Washington state

Comments (19)
moetheshmo wrote:

Most of the founding fathers practiced same sex marriage and enjoyed the best of both worlds. Male and female slaves held by plantation owners were treated as spouses and all bore the family name. Unfortunately male wives could not become pregnant but were not forgotten in a bi- sexual farmers last will and testament.

Dec 08, 2012 10:11am EST  --  Report as abuse
MetalHead8 wrote:

Good for the gay community, good for equal human rights

Dec 08, 2012 10:37am EST  --  Report as abuse
sjfella wrote:

Ancient Rome, here we come.

Dec 08, 2012 12:06pm EST  --  Report as abuse
gregbrew56 wrote:

sjfella – You mean when the Christian theocratic ruling class took over, bringing in the Holy Roman Empire, and “gifted” Earth with the Crusades, the Inquisition and the Dark Ages that retarded human development for centuries?

Take off your dogmatic blinders and use your brain.

Dec 08, 2012 2:20pm EST  --  Report as abuse
victor672 wrote:

Celebrating their revolt against nature and nature’s God. This is just one more symptom of America’s downfall, not unlike the Roman Empire. The U.S. has passed the point of no return, but who cares? Most will be doped up on legal drugs when the end comes and America is conquered.

Dec 08, 2012 2:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Vuenbelvue wrote:

Defense Secretary Panetta needs to get out the check book to move money from planes and guns to more spousal benefits. I would guess he has already planned this out in advance.

Dec 08, 2012 3:07pm EST  --  Report as abuse
gregbrew56 wrote:

Victor672 – Everywhere you look in Nature, you will find organisms exhibiting homosexual behavior. It’s normal and natural.

Why bring fairy tales into an adult argument about basic human rights? Rational, secular thought will prevail, and dogma-based trivialities are the only thing that will be conquered.

Join the 21st century!

Dec 08, 2012 4:30pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bobber1956 wrote:

This was a headline in a local Washingtion newspaper:

“AIDS: Still killing after all these years”

Go figure.

Dec 08, 2012 4:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jjjjjjjjj wrote:

Mental defectives.

Dec 08, 2012 5:41pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bates148 wrote:

@gregbrew56 Although I have no problem with homosexuality, I disagree with your statement. Homosexuality is not natural among any type of species. This is for the simple fact that two species of the same sex cannot produce, contradicting the very principles of evolution. Gene flow is nonexistent.
In kingdom animalia, there are cases of homosexuality among various species, however the rationale behind the behavior is often overlooked by the gay community. It’s never about sex, rather it’s about expressing dominance, preventing conflict, etc.

Dec 08, 2012 6:16pm EST  --  Report as abuse
americanguy wrote:

I am not going to force my religious views on anyone else so I don’t care about the gay marriage thing.
I just wish gays would quit trying to force their way of life on the rest of us, and trying to make themselves the number one issue in the world.
If gays keep trying to force their agenda on me, I will have no choice but to fight back by trying to force my religion on them.

Dec 08, 2012 6:55pm EST  --  Report as abuse
gregbrew56 wrote:

bates148 – You’re just plain incorrect. Same sex pair-bonding happens all the time in the animal kingdom. It’s not ALWAYS about dominance, etc, although that is the driver of such behavior SOMETIMES. Using absolutes like NEVER and ALWAYS often exposes a weak and unsubstantiated argument. Like yours.

Americanguy – Gays are not trying to force their “agenda” on anyone. Gays are simply trying to achieve “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” on an equal footing as everyone else as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. Often the reason that gays are not afforded such equality is because of dogmatic arguments such as you threaten to use. You’re too late by a few decades (centuries), and the gay community is finally fighting back.

Dec 08, 2012 7:25pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ConstFundie wrote:

@bates148, There are absolutely cases of natural, non-dominance homosexuality in nature. You can research it more if you have the interest but the two that come to mind are Bonobos and Penguins, and it is thought to be for societal and relationship strengthening. I have heard of it in rodents especially in high population densities, possibly a natural way to reduce population growth and stress. I hit the wiki and there is a lot more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals.

Dec 08, 2012 7:55pm EST  --  Report as abuse
victor672 wrote:

Somewhere there’s a forum or board (plural?) that directs homosexual activists to these threads.

Dec 08, 2012 8:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bates148 wrote:

@Renox With what is being argued – “equal human rights” – I wouldn’t be surprised if zoophilia and paedophilia come into the discussion soon.

@ConstFundie Perhaps my post wasn’t clear. Yes, you have homosexuality in nature, but as cases like Bonobos and Penguins suggest, it’s not often for physical or psychological pleasure. Rather, as you suggest, it’s for other reasons. Such as avoiding conflict, displaying dominance, relationship strengthening, failure to identify the other sex, etc.

Dec 08, 2012 9:31pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Harry079 wrote:

Why Em See Aye!

Why Em See Aye Aye!

Dec 08, 2012 10:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Stanley7746 wrote:

Aint it great when you anti-gay folks figure out you are the outlanders.

Dec 08, 2012 10:52pm EST  --  Report as abuse
gregbrew56 wrote:

Not activists, just thinking people not blinded my dogma.

Dec 09, 2012 12:31am EST  --  Report as abuse
ConstFundie wrote:

@bates148, how is behavior for “avoiding conflict, displaying dominance, relationship strengthening, failure to identify the other sex” not natural?

Dec 09, 2012 3:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
This discussion is now closed. We welcome comments on our articles for a limited period after their publication.