Iran says it, world powers must end nuclear stalemate

Comments (28)
kenradke11 wrote:

More stalling tactics with a false flag willingness to co-operate with the 6 world powers! Rhetoric!

Dec 17, 2012 6:39am EST  --  Report as abuse
susette wrote:

Isreal is just as guilty as the rest when it comes to provocation and disruption of diplomatic upheaval. The Middle East is historically a place of great unrest. further back than the old testament! War is a part of our gentic vernacular.

Dec 17, 2012 8:35am EST  --  Report as abuse
cyke1 wrote:

Working for nuclear power is a baby step from a nuclear weapon. And nuclear energy can be very dangerous, case in point look at what happened in japan. and well Iran also has possible and questionable ties to unpleasant people.

Dec 17, 2012 8:37am EST  --  Report as abuse
jw_collins wrote:

Iran suggests talking? No thanks. Iran needs to begin visualizing its lands, perhaps the world, as an uninhabitable earth, scorched for centuries by the devices of fools. Iran cannot speak. It does not hold to its bargains. It’s nothing but a collection of third world ideologues blinded by theocratic lunacy. Talk? No thanks. Begin visualizing your own end. You’ll be responsible for it yourselves. Or…you can just begin dismantling. You have no other choices.

Dec 17, 2012 9:16am EST  --  Report as abuse
bobber1956 wrote:

susette
Wrong! Israel has not threatened to wipe anyone off the face of the earth. Islam has threathened to wipe EVERYONE off the face of the earth except itself.

Dec 17, 2012 9:26am EST  --  Report as abuse
Updraft wrote:

How about stop being the largest state sponsor of terrorism, stop sending arms to Hamas and Hizballah, stop trying to destroy Israel as a start? Sure, Iran has the right to enrich. But just like a convicted felon can not legally purchase guns, known state sponsor of terorism should not be allowed to have nukes.

Dec 17, 2012 1:05pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rgbviews wrote:

If USrael can control it’s hegemony in the ME, there will be an opportunity for peace in the ME. USrael is, once again, going to be the outsider when they are the only one(s) blocking the movement towards a WMD-free ME.

Dec 17, 2012 1:15pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mdmonahan wrote:

As we grapple with the tragedy at Newtown, I just wonder how many Iranian children are dying as a consequence, be it direct or indirect, of the sanctions. Do not their parents grieve as well? We can become very myoptic, seeing only what is happening in our own neighborhoods. We have responsibilities for the deaths of innocents in many places around the world.

Dec 17, 2012 4:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Binary wrote:

Dear rgbviews,

I have studied politics, international relations and strategy now since 1989, and I can honestly say that I have never come across a country or a nation-state called USrael. Could you please clarify?

Dec 17, 2012 4:15pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Logical123 wrote:

jw_collins: These pages are for sane people. You are a madman. Everything you say is total nonsense. One cannot even begin to refute your garbage. So, I won’t even bother.

bobber1956: Iran has never threatened to “wipe out Israel.” Are you so ignorant that you still believe that myth? Do you know how to use Google? Check it out. On the other hand, Israel constantly threatens Iran with even nuclear annihilation. What do you think, “All options are on the table,” means? Do you know the meaning of the word “All?”

PUpdraft: Please spare us the sob story about Iran being “the greatest state-sponsor of terrorism.” Well, Israel and the US ARE the biggest terrorist states in the world. For your information Hezbollah and Hamas are not terrorists groups. So, you think assassination of Iranian scientists is not terrorism? Or, how about the sponsorship of the Jundullah terrorists by CIA? What, you haven’t even heard of Jundullah? Then, what are you doing here writing comments about Iran?

Dec 17, 2012 4:31pm EST  --  Report as abuse
kenradke11 wrote:

Quit wasting the world’s time and your damn stonewalling and then maybe just maybe we will get somewhere Iran! I am tired of your stalling tactics and lack of transparency!

Dec 17, 2012 5:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Rich_F wrote:

logical123, for someone with such a handle you are totally devoid of it.

Dec 17, 2012 5:24pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Logical123 wrote:

So, some stupid Western diplomat said, “Shutting Fordow is not enough.” Fat chance! There is no reason for Iran to shut down Fordow since it is fully under the inspection of the IAEA. The only result will be that Iran’s nuclear sites will be sitting ducks for attacks by the two biggest bullies in the world, Israel and the US. You think the Iranians are stupid?

kenradke11: Who is stalling? It is the incompetent Obama administration that has been stalling. First, we had to wait for the elections to be completed. Now, we have to wait for Obama to decide what side is up and what side is down. He keeps repeating the old Bush lies about Iran with a straight face. There is no hope for a solution. On the other hand, Iran has been willing to negotiate for years. They made a comprehensive propsal in Moscow. They are still waiting for a response.

Rich_F: So, what did I say that was not logical? If you don’t know anything about the facts of the situation then, perhaps, you may think that I am being illogical. We’ll see if you have anything factual to say. Watch out please, this is a trick question.

Dec 17, 2012 5:39pm EST  --  Report as abuse
kenradke11 wrote:

logical 123 you are way off on your comments. Iran’s president stated right on the news a couple of years back that he will wipe Israel off the map! Google it!

Dec 17, 2012 5:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
kenradke11 wrote:

logical 123 you are way off on your comments. Iran’s president stated right on the news a couple of years back that he will wipe Israel off the map! Google it!

Dec 17, 2012 5:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
kenradke11 wrote:

logical 123 you are way off on your comments. Iran’s president stated right on the news a couple of years back that he will wipe Israel off the map! Google it!

Dec 17, 2012 5:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
kenradke11 wrote:

logical 123 you are way off on your comments. Iran’s president stated right on the news a couple of years back that he will wipe Israel off the map! Google it!

Dec 17, 2012 5:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bdkennedy1 wrote:

It will never end because Iran wants to kill anyone that isn’t Muslim.

Dec 17, 2012 6:45pm EST  --  Report as abuse
bdkennedy1 wrote:

It will never end because Iran wants to kill anyone that isn’t Muslim.

Dec 17, 2012 6:45pm EST  --  Report as abuse
xyz2055 wrote:

Logical123 thinks Ahmadinejad is one of the good guys. I say the sanctions are working…make them squeal like pigs. No Nukes for Iran……period. The line stops here.

Dec 17, 2012 7:20pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Logical123 wrote:

kenradke11: You have no idea what you are talking about. You never heard the Iranian president say anything about “wiping off Israel” from the map. You are just repeating what you heard on Fox News or other stupid media. Google for a document called, “The Rumor of the Century,” read it and stop talking nonsense. You are at least seven years behind the time.

bdkennedy1: You are another ignorant Fox News watcher who doesn’t know what he is talking about. Maybe Al Qaeda wants to kill anyone who is not Muslim, but Iranians accept Christian, Jewish and Zoroastrian religions and respect the adherents to these religions in their country. They each have representatives in the Iranian parliament. Iran is in fact the home of the largest population of Jews in the Middle East after Israel. There is no discrimination against them. You don’t enough to write comments about Iran. So, just go back to watching Fox News.

Dec 17, 2012 7:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse

This is such BS! Everytime I read “the world powers are considering how much- fill in the blank- can Iran be allowed to- fill in the blank” Iwant to open the window and yell out “EF the world EFing powers and the horse they EFing rode in on!”

I mean who the EF are we to tell anyone how to run their country or to “allow” them to have a tiny part of the rights THEY ALREADY HAVE under NPT?

God how I hate what we have become. The esssssspecial foreign interest has sucked the Americanness out of usand we become more like are thieving thugish scummy esssssspecial friend in the middleast by the day.

Dec 17, 2012 7:41pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Nuclear Iran is the only insurance against the USA atatcking it. =FACT

Dec 17, 2012 7:52pm EST  --  Report as abuse
xyz2055 wrote:

Logical123..gee from your description I’m thinking of moving to Iran (not!). No prisons where they torture people. Fair elections! Free thinking and accepting jews and the lot. What a great place to live…..lmfao.

Dec 17, 2012 8:09pm EST  --  Report as abuse
MosheGoldberg wrote:

@mdmonahan

Yours was arguably the best post. It must be repeated for morons like Curmudgeon43 and the band of likeminded scumbags who unlike this idiot actually have the power do do something but still think quite like him.

mdmonahan’s post:

“As we grapple with the tragedy at Newtown, I just wonder how many Iranian children are dying as a consequence, be it direct or indirect, of the sanctions. Do not their parents grieve as well? We can become very myoptic, seeing only what is happening in our own neighborhoods. We have responsibilities for the deaths of innocents in many places around the world.”

God bless mdmonahan. Yo are a good man.

We need more people like you around and less people like Curmudgeon43 israeli_ collins, updraft etc. advocating violence and sanctions.

Dec 17, 2012 8:39pm EST  --  Report as abuse
VultureTX wrote:

Iran’s supporters who do so because they hate Israel and jews really are a bitter sad faction.

Shiite Sharia as shown in Iranian law says death to homosexuals and apostates, and yet you worry about jews. really? Maybe Iran should not have supported terrorists. Or actually embraced peace, because even the B’hais look at Iranian mullahs and go please stop persecuting us with violence.

Dec 17, 2012 10:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Logical123 wrote:

xyz2055: In fact, why don’t go and visit Iran. You will find the most hospitable people and wonderful sites to see. You money will be worth a lot too.

As for torture, the US is the specialist on that. You mean you haven’t heard of Guantanamo or Abu Ghraib? How about the way private Bradley Manning has been treated for exposing the murder of innocent Iraqi civilians and journalists by the great American airmen.

As for elections, the process in the US is a joke. You need $2B to run for president. You mean you missed the farce of the Florida elections in 2008? Actually, Iranian elections are quite fair. In fact, multiple polls showed that Ahmadinejad won the 2009 election at exactly the rate to be expeccted. And, by the way, no one was shot in the streets. There were demonstrations by the intelligentsia in the north of Tehran who didn’t vote for him. But, at least they demonstrated like in many other countries. In the US, voters are like zombies. No guts.

Dec 18, 2012 12:39am EST  --  Report as abuse
Binary wrote:

Dear Logical(some number)

Oh yes, that old “the regime occupying Jerusalem should vanish from the pages of time” versus “wiping Israel off the map” debate.

Is it just me, or is the former even more threatening than the latter? Is it just me, or are the desperate attempts to “prove” that Ahmadinejad “never said THAT” a bit of word-smithing?

Dec 20, 2012 8:27pm EST  --  Report as abuse
This discussion is now closed. We welcome comments on our articles for a limited period after their publication.