Obama nominates John Kerry as next secretary of state

speaker12 wrote:

Obama, you haven’t made a good choice since you’ve occupied the White House. This guy is just a rich clown who fits your mold. He doesn’t like the U.S. either.

Dec 21, 2012 1:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wildabeast wrote:

The article mentions his troubleshooting for Obama on Syria, Afganistan and Pakistan. Goes very well with the administrations effectiveness dealing with the deficit, debt and the economy. I guess it is better than handing our foreign policy over to Putin.

Dec 21, 2012 1:36pm EST  --  Report as abuse
USAPragmatist wrote:

@Speaker12, so anyone that does not agree with you ‘doesn’t like the U.S.’. I bet Sen Kerry has done more for OUR country then you have ever done, have you ever served and received a Purple Heart, like Senator Kerry?

Dec 21, 2012 1:37pm EST  --  Report as abuse
USAPragmatist wrote:

I bet Scott Brown hopes he faces somebody like the first lady he beat, not a strong candidate like Elizabeth Warren. But I doubt it, I do not think Obama would have nominated Kerry if they do not have someone lined up to run in MA that is a strong candidate, maybe another Kennedy?

Dec 21, 2012 1:38pm EST  --  Report as abuse
metlcre8or wrote:

This is just GREAT. Now maybe Mr. Obama can nominate Jane Fonda for defense secretary, then we would have a tax evader and two traitors i his cabinet.

Dec 21, 2012 1:45pm EST  --  Report as abuse

As a former Marine with 32 months combat experience in Nam from 1965 through 1968 I support senator Kerry.

Dec 21, 2012 1:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse
metlcre8or wrote:

Jane Fonda for SecDef next?

Dec 21, 2012 1:49pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Fbear0143 wrote:

And the point is to continue to yank democrats out of the narrow senate majority and run the risk of losing chances to accomplish anything substantive? Or has this been a part of the master plan all along? I’m beginning to wonder . . .

Dec 21, 2012 2:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

@USAPragmatist

I feel the same about people who trash McCain. I think Kerry is a good choice. I think he is better fit for the job than Hillary was. I wouldn’t worry about Scott Brown too much. He isn’t from the Tea Party mold. If anything we need some more moderates to replace the ones that have been lost recently.

Dec 21, 2012 2:56pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Aw, say it ain’t so, Barry!
Sterling Greenwood/AspenFreePress