Former President George H.W. Bush remains in intensive care

Sonnyjc9 wrote:

And this man who did so much for our Country is despised by the liberals and their toadies. May he regain his health and live to see his Country return to the values our forefathers set for us.

Dec 26, 2012 7:27pm EST  --  Report as abuse
moweddell wrote:

We will pray for his recovery.

Dec 26, 2012 7:39pm EST  --  Report as abuse
MKM23 wrote:

Sonnyjc9, nice calamity of a comment. To initiate with such hatred and finish with such caress.

Dec 26, 2012 7:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
terrycantor wrote:

Sonny, I’m a liberal — actually a raving liberal — and strongly resent you telling me how I feel about former President George H.W. Bush. I hold him in high esteem and pray for him. Yup, I’m not an atheist either. Please learn to not generalize and PLEASE lay off the hatred for long enough to honor this great man.

Dec 26, 2012 7:42pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Jayhawk44 wrote:

I am a “Liberal” but have a great deal of respect for George H.W. Bush. He is a kind & understanding man. While I don’t agree with SOME of his political positions, I wish him all the best & hope he recovers soon. Let’s work together & try to solve our problems. Don’t be so one-sided & narrow-minded. Watch something other than fox news & think compromise like George H.W. did & Bob Dole did. Don’t be part of the problem. Try to solve it by working with other. Gob Bless George H.W & his wife.

Dec 26, 2012 7:42pm EST  --  Report as abuse
lantanalenox wrote:

Here’s what I want to know: Has the former President signed a health care proxy and a durable power of attorney? Maybe he could serve as the poster boy for “informed consent” much in the same way as Bob Dole did for prostate cancer. They would then both be, as Sarah Palin suggested, models for all of us in the age of what she called “death panels”.

Dec 26, 2012 8:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Jose3 wrote:

The best thing to do is get heck out of the hospital.

Smoke some pot, stay warm, and get some rest.

Dec 26, 2012 8:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
americanguy wrote:

Leave it to some freak to turn this into a political hate spewing issue.

God Bless President GHW Bush, I hope he recovers soon, and goes home to his family that loves him.

Dec 26, 2012 8:20pm EST  --  Report as abuse
RealNeil wrote:

I hope he gets better. I’ve always liked him a lot. His Sky-Diving at an advanced age always impressed me.

Dec 26, 2012 8:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse

My mother was seen in the ER with bronchitis and a low-grade fever. They refused to admit her much less put her in the ICU. Any usual person would be refused admission for such a minor diagnosis as the hospital reimbursement from Medicare (DRG) is non-existent for bronchitis. An ICU admission for such a minor diagnosis is unheard of so either there is more to his story than they are telling or he is getting ridiculously special care. One might think that he deserves such attention but consider the risk of exposure to all of the multiresistent germs in the hospital and especially in the ICU. They may be killing him with over treatment. The best place to be is home and away from hospitals and doctors who don’t take the time to wash their hands.

Dec 26, 2012 8:56pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Gabe1972 wrote:

Sonnyjc9, not all liberals think that way about him. I am a die hard liberal and George H W Bush is one of the few conservatives that I like. He was a very good president. He did what he had to do and did it well. As for his son, that’s a totally different story.

Dec 26, 2012 8:58pm EST  --  Report as abuse
psittacid wrote:

I wish him comfort and peace, whether or not he survives this illness. I hope his family will be given the privacy to grieve in peace. He is a decent man with whom I frequently disagreed. He was an old time Republican who believed that answers come from an exchange of ideas. I miss his kind in politics.

Dec 26, 2012 9:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
C-Tech wrote:

Quote from article: “Bush, the 41st U.S. president and a Republican, took office in 1989 and served one term in the White House. The father of former President George W. Bush, he also served as a congressman, ambassador to the United Nations, envoy to China, CIA director and vice president for two terms under Ronald Reagan.”

Another important accomplishment in his bio: George H.W. Bush also served for three years as an aviator in the US Navy during WWII. He piloted a Grumman TBM Avenger in Torpedo Squadron VT-51 on the light carrier USS San Jacinto in several key engagements, including the Battle of the Philippine Sea – one of the largest air battles of the war.

During his service, he earned a Distinguished Flying Cross, three Air Medals and shared in the Presidential Unit Citation which was awarded to the entire crew of his ship, the San Jacinto.

A true American hero, he is, and I hope he will be with us for many more years to come.

Dec 26, 2012 9:08pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Bom wrote:

Though I didn’t agree with him on much I always thought he did what he thought was best for this country.
Wisging him a speedy recovery

Dec 26, 2012 9:13pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jertho wrote:

this man is far from innocent, but, in recent years he seems to have a change of heart, I wonder if the things he did and saw still keep him up nights. I hope he recovers quickly so that he might continue making amends for his seriously evil deeds.

Dec 26, 2012 9:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse
SanPa wrote:

Sonnyjc9 – The elder Bush spoke of inclusion during his presidency. You dishonor him position with your piss and vinegar against fellow Americans, whatever their views.

Dec 26, 2012 10:14pm EST  --  Report as abuse

We love you here in Houston, sir. You are a great American and your country thanks you for your service. We wish you many more Christmases with your family in Tanglewood. It’s very unfortunate that you had to spend this Christmas in the hospital. Get well soon, Mr. President.

Dec 26, 2012 11:05pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ChicagoFats wrote:

G.H.W. Bush is a class act and an American hero. I am praying for him and for his family, as well as for those unhappy souls who would try to politicize a bad news announcement like this. This is a human being in the hospital, not just a Republican or a conservative or a war monger or a CIA spook or an Astros fan.

Unless you ration your prayers, send off a prayerful thought for this man.

Dec 27, 2012 12:45am EST  --  Report as abuse
diddums wrote:

Gosh remind me again how rich the Bush family got from WW2. Worship if you want but read the many true patriots who have exposed this family.

Dec 27, 2012 4:26am EST  --  Report as abuse
cbm0609 wrote:

I wish you wouldn’t use the term ex-President when referring to former president Bush. It just appears disrespectful. I did notice the you used former in this heading, which is much nicer. Just sayin’. :)

Dec 27, 2012 7:17am EST  --  Report as abuse
RedBear57 wrote:

AT 88, he has lived a long life and will have the very best of healthcare to the bitter end. I wish him well, and good luck with that meeting his maker thing…

Dec 27, 2012 7:32am EST  --  Report as abuse
Chuckterzella wrote:

Hope he gets better.

Dec 27, 2012 7:34am EST  --  Report as abuse
Chuckterzella wrote:

And I’m a Liberal Toadie. So there.

Dec 27, 2012 7:35am EST  --  Report as abuse
ErnieScarr wrote:

Too bad his spawn destroyed your beautiful country!

Dec 27, 2012 8:16am EST  --  Report as abuse
TeeS wrote:

The correct term is “former” president. “Ex” is used if the president was removed from office. I hope this wasn’t a little media bias dig.

Dec 27, 2012 8:29am EST  --  Report as abuse
Vuenbelvue wrote:

The family should plan for a quiet grave side service on Martha’s Vineyard in lieu of a Ronald Reaganesque Hollywood Epic transporting the body twice across the country in so much as it would be symbolic for his party’s desire to reduce Federal spending.

Dec 27, 2012 9:36am EST  --  Report as abuse
Marla wrote:

No doubt he’s receiveing the best care our tax dollars can buy! He, like all our elected officials receive lifetime salaries and medical benefits in exchange for just a few years of service. Too bad it’s not like that for the rest of us, huh?

Dec 27, 2012 9:47am EST  --  Report as abuse
moonhill wrote:

Marla, he served our country far more than a few years. He served our country in WWII, was CIA director, vice president for 2 terms and president for one. So sad you worry so much about our tax dollars taking care of him.

Dec 27, 2012 10:12am EST  --  Report as abuse
VincentVery wrote:

diddums
Would you believe that, you actually have some brain between your ears. You are not supposed to know that friend. That and JP Morgan financing Nazi war machine, lets pretend that never happened and cheer three times for ‘true American heroes’ so here it goes hip hip hooray…

Dec 27, 2012 10:13am EST  --  Report as abuse
bobber1956 wrote:

All the libs on here comming out now and saying they like GHWB after the last mostly 4 years of watching their partners in crime crucify him and not say word is like all the “peacefull” muslims of the world supporting radical islam as they destroy everything good in the world. BS! Get off the fence you hypocrites and help us do something about this idiot you put in the WH that is destroying all that is good about America. reuters have some gnads for a change and let the truth post.

Dec 27, 2012 11:03am EST  --  Report as abuse
uc8tcme wrote:

Get Well Mr. President – the entire Nation is pulling for you.

Dec 27, 2012 11:13am EST  --  Report as abuse
Doc00001 wrote:

I never thought much of him or his kids. Nature is the great purifier. A similar fate awaits us all. Just without anyone caring.

Dec 27, 2012 2:48pm EST  --  Report as abuse
USAPragmatist wrote:

@bobber, news flash!, there is is a BIG difference between Bush 1 and Bush 2.

@moonhill, for once I agree with you, He, and ALL other Veterans, deserve the best medical treatment available. To bad the right does not think so as they continually attack things that Obama and the Dems have proposed to help out the sad state of affairs that many veterans run into when trying to get medical care.

Dec 27, 2012 3:31pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Marla wrote:

Obviously my point was too subtle for the minds here, I don’t wish to deny Mr. Bush medical care, I simply happen to believe that we ALL deserve the same level of care as he does. We have politicians who only serve one term, and they receive health benefits as well as salaries at our expense for the rest of their lives. Why not then offer the same level of health care all of us, who for the most part, have to work a lifetime and then hope we’ll have enough to get by on.

Dec 27, 2012 4:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
LBD215 wrote:

I’m kinda liberal and I will pray for him.

Dec 27, 2012 5:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
VincentVery wrote:

USAPragmatist
True. When you read about Bush 1 and New World Order agenda of global depopulisation through Genetic Engineering, vaccines, fluoride, aspartame, wars, Codex Alimentarius etc, it makes Bush 2 look like boy scout. Oh yes, next step is get you disarmed through tightening gun laws. All they have to do is to pull the trigger.

Dec 27, 2012 5:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse
GeorgeBrown wrote:

If George H.W. Bush were not a very wealthy man with political connections would he be receiving the excellent care that he’s receiving now? The American aristocracy is very well taken care of, much better than the average citizen of the U.S.

I hope Bush gets well, just keep in mind the way in which inequality in American society is reflected in the way health care is rationed out. When Bush gets out of hospital will his family have to worry about a huge medical bill? Will the Bush family have to declare bankruptcy due to medical bills?

Dec 27, 2012 7:09pm EST  --  Report as abuse