Analysis: More Americans leave parental nest in boost for housing

BlueOkie wrote:

Not sure you have a clue about why! Population growth would account for the 1 million homes. How many going over the age of 26 and no longer on Mom and Dad’s policy. Look at the numbers on welfare and it is growing. We should have a boom in housing with 3% mortgages. We don’t because of this President’s policies

Jan 18, 2013 9:27am EST  --  Report as abuse
jaham wrote:

“College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life,”

LOL, what a quote…where is all that hope-and-change now?

Jan 18, 2013 9:46am EST  --  Report as abuse
USAPragmatist wrote:

Once again an article pointing out the positives in the housing industry and then the righties/Obama haters/USA haters chime in on how it ‘lies’ or some other BS.

I am actually one of those that the article was talking about. I do not listen to all the haters and their BS, so I figured now is a good time while rates are still low and before prices start rising again. Closing on my first house in mid Feb. I have been holding out for a while to get more stability in job and not knowing if I be in same area in 5 years. Now is the best time to buy in the last 20 years in my opinion.

Jan 18, 2013 10:24am EST  --  Report as abuse
americanguy wrote:

I didn’t know children lived in nests like birds.
I must be neglected, I never lived in a nest.
No wait, I do remember seeing a classic old skit on SNL where the mother ate food, and then puked the food into the mouths of the family like a bird feeds its young, so I guess this story is true.

Jan 18, 2013 10:57am EST  --  Report as abuse
jrj906202 wrote:

This housing mania will end the same as the last housing mania.Eventually inflation is going to go so high, that govt won’t be able to get away with it’s dishonest,low inflation numbers.Then the Dollar will begin falling,forcing interest rates up.That should send the economy into another recession,along with housing.

Jan 18, 2013 11:32am EST  --  Report as abuse
GLK wrote:

I love how USA Stagnatist is espousing the Left’s mantra, “Don’t Question – Don’t Complain.” For if you do they will immediately stick a derogatory label upon you. Well Staggy, sticks and stones might break my bones…

Jan 18, 2013 12:44pm EST  --  Report as abuse
GA_Chris wrote:

@ USAPragmatist… Congratulations… i hope all goes well with your closing.

The housing market is picking up, anyone will tell you that. There is a shortage of unskilled jobs, but the main issue is a lack of quality applicants for high value add jobs. I have open positions paying ~$150k and can’t fill them, as most applicants lack the skillset and experience needed.

Jan 18, 2013 1:43pm EST  --  Report as abuse
MikeyLikesIt wrote:

@USAPragmatist

First of all, as pointed out above, while the numbers are improving, they are still not close to numbers that indicate a healthy housing market. The economy has been improving (which is good) but it has been improving much slower than any recovery since the Great Depression (which is not good).

Second, a person can still love the US and not agree with Obama. I seem to recall Hillary Clinton saying it was patriotic to disagree with your president. Now it’s just hate and anti American? Nice hypocrisy.

@americanguy

Yeah it’s a pretty antiquated term if you ask me. I guess some things don’t change with the times.

Jan 18, 2013 2:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse