Y'all come to Texas, state official tells New York gun owners

tols wrote:

Cuomo is limiting our Constitutional rights while planning to horrifically expand abortion ‘rights’ in this bluer than blue state. Thanks for the invite, sir. Everything is ‘on the table’ now…

Jan 17, 2013 8:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
davidkachel wrote:

Allow us to slightly revise that invitation…
If you are any kind of leftist AT ALL, whether you like guns or not, please stay in NY. You deserve each other.

Jan 17, 2013 8:32pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Go away. we don’t want you here in Texas. You bring all your liberal crap ideas with you. We get enough weirdos from California.

Jan 17, 2013 8:34pm EST  --  Report as abuse
LetsGoRangers wrote:

Truth be told, Texas doesn’t need anymore outsiders, especially Yankees with their liberal whacked views.

Just ask the states neighboring California what happens when libs flee their paradise. They leave the state behind but bring their commie views with them.

Jan 17, 2013 8:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse

Every politician who endorses any Bills or Laws to weaken our Constitutional rights is in violation of their sworn oath of office.

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

REMOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM FOR TREASON AGAINST THE U.S. CONSTITUTION !

Jan 17, 2013 8:41pm EST  --  Report as abuse
tmcnamara wrote:

You are welcome here in Texas, just leave your liberalism and left leaning way at the border, if you have any. The weather is nicer here anyway.

Jan 17, 2013 8:43pm EST  --  Report as abuse
simon77047 wrote:

Please do not move here. We don’t need anymore liberals messing with our state. You ruined yours, now live with it. You’re not welcome in Texas.

Jan 17, 2013 8:54pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mthead wrote:

but leave your liberalism behind. Conservatism works just fine here. In fact, it works every time it’s tried.
Marty, Fort Worth

Jan 17, 2013 9:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
red06525 wrote:

as soon as possible

Jan 17, 2013 9:01pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Southernman wrote:

Not a wise invitation. Does this fellow not realize those are mostly bleeding heart Liberals. Leave them in NY to suffer under the weight of the Progressive scum that runs the state.

Jan 17, 2013 9:04pm EST  --  Report as abuse
robhar wrote:

Can there be any doubt that a second civil war in the United
States is at hand? The lines of battle are becoming clearer
almost by the day!

The only question is where the first shot will be fired.

2016 is a long way off.

Jan 17, 2013 9:07pm EST  --  Report as abuse
LanaChurner wrote:

Don’t mess with Texas!

Jan 17, 2013 9:09pm EST  --  Report as abuse
postage wrote:

Conservatives only please!

Lefties, you’ll HATE it. Promise :)

Jan 17, 2013 9:24pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mjazzguitar wrote:

In grade school we had a teacher from Texas who told us she hated us because we were Yankees.

Jan 17, 2013 9:38pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Moohamheadsux wrote:

This NYer, as right wing as any Texan is on his way!!!!

Jan 17, 2013 9:39pm EST  --  Report as abuse
CmdrBuzz wrote:

Careful Texas, the last thing you want are a bunch of liberals moving into the state. The are like leeches and will want to turn Texas into NY or CA.

Jan 17, 2013 9:47pm EST  --  Report as abuse
rwingflyer wrote:

There is one major rule that you must follow before we will welcome you to Texas:
You may neither attempt to, nor ever work toward turning our Republic into the leftist nighmare and idealogical squalor from which you fled. If you break this simple rule, we promise to make your short stay as miserable as possible. Even Texas liberals are more conservative than New York conservatives.

Jan 17, 2013 9:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse
wozzy wrote:

Bad idea. Trust me, you do NOT want any northern pricks coming to your state. They refuse to assimilate aand try to make where they live more like new york. They have pretty much turned Orlando into a liberal shithole.

Jan 17, 2013 9:57pm EST  --  Report as abuse
JimmySmith wrote:

Oh, please pull these ads. It’s a really bad idea to invite dimwitted people who voted in the politiciansthat passed these laws. Just because a New Yorker dislikes gun laws does not mean he will assimilate to the Texas way. They have already demonstrated that they do not know how to connect the dots.

Jan 17, 2013 10:27pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mec1 wrote:

we could also use Remington Arms Co. Bushmaster, DPMS and American Tactical Imports.

Jan 17, 2013 10:28pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mec1 wrote:

Jan 17, 2013 10:28pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mec1 wrote:

Jan 17, 2013 10:28pm EST  --  Report as abuse
TaggartTtrans wrote:

Better yet…
Stay in New York.

Jan 17, 2013 10:47pm EST  --  Report as abuse
mike-1 wrote:

I have been to Texas and I have been to New York I would not trade ny for tx for a million bucks

Jan 17, 2013 10:48pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Sportster1 wrote:

Gotta LOVE Texas!!! Things get too stupid out there, I’ll be heading that way, too. But I’m in Indiana, another solid freedom loving State, so things are still good here. But as more people lean towards nannyism, it may go south…and then so will I and my family.

Jan 17, 2013 11:15pm EST  --  Report as abuse
cb2000a wrote:

Texas=land of the free
New York=land of the overtaxed, no freedom fools

God bless Texas!

Jan 17, 2013 11:15pm EST  --  Report as abuse
hongryhawg wrote:

It will take a lot of liberals to turn Texas around but if the welcome mat is made too broad, they’ll find their way there. And though they won’t succeed, they will do all they can to drag you down to their level. If they can’t be happy, they can’t stand anyone else being so. Unfortunately, their mission to destroy Conservatism knows no bounds. You will be sorry you ever invited them.

Jan 17, 2013 11:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse
lalipop wrote:

Texas, Like a whole other country!

Jan 18, 2013 12:29am EST  --  Report as abuse
jeff81201 wrote:

jeez, rather eat ground glass.

Jan 18, 2013 12:36am EST  --  Report as abuse
jeff81201 wrote:

jeez, rather eat ground glass.

Jan 18, 2013 12:36am EST  --  Report as abuse
jeff81201 wrote:

jeez, rather eat ground glass.

Jan 18, 2013 12:36am EST  --  Report as abuse
LtScrounge wrote:

Actually HongryHawg, it doesn’t take a lot of liberals to screw up Texas, the small number of them that currently reside in Austin are doing a great job on their own. Why doesn’t Texas have Open Carry? Why doesn’t Texas have Constitutional Carry? Arizona has both. Why doesn’t Texas have laws telling Illegal Aliens to either stay out or get out like Arizona? I’m not trying to tick off Texans, I live here. I just wish it were even MORE conservative like where I used to live in Arizona. If Texans don’t like what I’m saying, take it up with the liberals and Rinos in Austin. Thank God the Tea Party prevented the establishment RINO Dewhurst from being elected to the Senate. Cruz might actually fight to stop any kind of gun restrictions from going through, Dewhurst wouldn’t have. If the politicians in Texas were as pro gun as they claim, they’d have passed Constitutional carry like Arizona did. I hate the idea that I have to pay the state over $150 for the right to carry a firearm for self defense. Even then I have to keep it covered up which is a pain in the summer.

Jan 18, 2013 12:41am EST  --  Report as abuse
Podyboy wrote:

Everyone needs to understand that New York and New York City are like 2 different states. I live in North West New York which is hunting and fishing paradise. It is also very conservative for the most part. Please don’t lump everyone in New York into the same pile of crap the city is.

and thank you for the invite.. I am seriously considering it!

Jan 18, 2013 1:05am EST  --  Report as abuse
stevendubois wrote:

My friend Lt Scrounge…yes, NY State is a different world from New York City, I agree. However, from someone here who has spent enough time living in the South as well ast the Northeast, even the conservatives from the north are more liberal than the liberals in the south…the brainwashing in the northeast from the left has infected the entire population…If the opportunity arose Texas, the proposal sounds great!

Jan 18, 2013 1:37am EST  --  Report as abuse
ShortyStuff wrote:

If Texas has so much freedom and gun friendly, then why do you have to obtain a Concealed Carry permit? Several states allow open carry, but not Texas … why not? All states should have Constitutional Carry, so that law abiding citizens can carry openly, or concealed, whichever they desire.

Jan 18, 2013 1:55am EST  --  Report as abuse
BigShootah wrote:

I’ve heard the First Amendment eloquently summarized as the following: “I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” Adding the Texas conservative modification: “I don’t like what you say, boy, and if you spread your liberal crap around here, you best be carrying, ’cause you probly gonna get shot.”

Jan 18, 2013 2:05am EST  --  Report as abuse
jaroca wrote:

If only they would take up the invite and then in a perfect world Tejas would be allowed to secede (they keep threatening….we keep waiting and hoping)…………..

No passports or visas would be issued by he USA and we could all live happily ever after.

Please, please, please let this happen, and the sooner the better !!!

Jan 18, 2013 2:29am EST  --  Report as abuse
LeeReynolds wrote:

“Assault weapon” is a euphemism made up by leftists so that they would have a scary sounding label to apply to ordinary guns. No one in the business of firearms describes any gun as an “assault weapon.” Neither does the military. It is a bogus term.

Jan 18, 2013 5:07am EST  --  Report as abuse
Disavowed wrote:

Were NJ residents and RINO Christie will follow suit. We decided to put our house of 20 years on the market and begin packing now. I grew up in the south west and I am returning. Good on yahoo Texas!
See you soon.

Jan 18, 2013 5:56am EST  --  Report as abuse
Disavowed wrote:

See you soon.

Jan 18, 2013 5:56am EST  --  Report as abuse
wrote:

They say everything is bigger in Texas but that’s simply not true. Taxes are MUCH smaller there.

Jan 18, 2013 7:19am EST  --  Report as abuse
InfinityWell wrote:

I admire what Texas is doing but I am staying where I am.
I want to fight and destroy the disease here.

I live in California and I love this place for its beauty and more but I despise the arrogance coming from the elitist, in denial, ignorant conformist socialist progressives that have infiltrated the neighborhoods, the media and local government. Many here have no understanding of history. Many just do what they are told so they can get money. Trying to have any higher level conversation about right/wrong is simply distasteful and beyond them. You become a suspect for even asking any question about right/wrong! There is no conversation!

I am staying here to fight these SOBs and destroy their ideology; Children of progressives may be recruit-able, even they know something is wrong.

Some examples of the elitist, in denial, ignorant conformist socialist progressive ideology.

1. We like to put KQED/NPR bumber stickers on our cars.
2. We don’t argue with anyone because we are right, about everything!
3. History? What’s that? Just some old people who are dead.
4. Because we have no values we will adjust our values to whatever the media tells us what our values should be.
5. Because we are so busy working, raising families, we depend on TV and radio to give us 2 minutes here and there to tell us what is going on.
6. We are not only ignorant, were lazy, except when it comes to $$$, then we do whatever we are told.
7. Pavlov dogs, what’s that?
8. We like the media message because they talk slow enough for us to understand.
9. We need to feel like we fit in, we do not rock the boat because we are conformists.
10. We trust others (the government) to take care of it and pay for it(the government) because we have child-like minds. We do not care where the mney comes from!
11. Consciousness, what that? Oh, we will let the kids pay for it, wheeeee!
12. Having traditional values that successfully served societies for generations is dinosaur thinking (according the values) (oops) expressed by the media.
13. We are just right. Don’t know why but the media tells us so, so there!!!
14. Terminating the life of a unborn baby is *** not *** killing. (It is a womans right to *** choose killing *** after all, were right, so shut up!
15. Terminating the life of a convicted murderer is killing, and that is wrong, just ask the media! So shut up!

This ideology will be destroyed either by educating the children or by the eventual collapse of society that this media driven ideology guarantees.

Have a nice apoplectic moment…

Jan 18, 2013 7:48am EST  --  Report as abuse
funksoul6 wrote:

New York: as if I needed it, Cuomo has provided us with yet another reason to avoid visiting his stupid State.

Jan 18, 2013 8:20am EST  --  Report as abuse
JamVee wrote:

New York City is a wonderful, exciting City, and the rest of the state is a beautiful place to visit. However, with governments that somehow feel empowered to regulate even the silliest personal choices (like your access to large sweet drinks, or “fatty” foods), not to mention taxes that would break a Camel’s back, I wouldn’t live there on a dare (and my own father was born in that city)!

Jan 18, 2013 8:29am EST  --  Report as abuse
Jim66 wrote:

Right on Texas, I live in Indiana very close to the peoples republic of Chicago and I know what you mean, a bunch of freeloading leftists
that are draining the rest of the state dry.

Jan 18, 2013 8:32am EST  --  Report as abuse
deanh wrote:

I live in the other “liberal paradise” state California. I am very conservative and HATE the ever increasing liberal fornication of my home state. I’m also constantly amazed at the virulent name calling by “enlightened liberals” towards people who don’t agree with them.

Jan 18, 2013 8:35am EST  --  Report as abuse
Str8tTalkHawk wrote:

CUOMO AND BLOOMBERG MORONS, how come the police need the decent sized clips, but homeowners attacked by more than one criminal supposedly don’t need them?! COMMAND-AND-CONTROL FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAKS!!!!!!

Jan 18, 2013 8:37am EST  --  Report as abuse
sgbarnes wrote:

Texas has no income tax but does have very high property and sales taxes. My sister has lived in TX and OK (does have a property tax) and says they even out. I doubt I would ever live in New York for any reason but find TX a great place to live.

Jan 18, 2013 9:26am EST  --  Report as abuse
we_the_people wrote:

Mr. Cuomo probably just did the conservatives and the country a great service.
He has performed the one act he could do to ensure that he will never be president.

Jan 18, 2013 9:48am EST  --  Report as abuse
jaham wrote:

Not only can you keep your guns in Texas, it’s still legal to drink a Big Gulp of soft drink, as well!

Jan 18, 2013 9:49am EST  --  Report as abuse
Robert_A_Hahn wrote:

What Ministry of Propaganda issued the directive that all descriptions of any upcoming gun legislation must refer to them as “sweeping,” and that they must be “in the wake of” the Sandy Hook shooting? Didn’t we burn out the phrase “in the wake of” after Columbine? And can’t any of these new laws be described as “intrusive” or “ineffective” or “over-hyped”? It’s like every reporter in every news organization is reading from the same hymnal. Hey, that’s scary.

Jan 18, 2013 9:54am EST  --  Report as abuse

If Texas loves freedom – just wondering – have they passed gay marriage yet?

Jan 18, 2013 10:02am EST  --  Report as abuse
Overcast451 wrote:

Funny thing is… even with the laws.. there may be more guns in NY than TX as it is…

Jan 18, 2013 10:10am EST  --  Report as abuse
jaham wrote:

@dragonspinter…If New York believes in freedom have they legalized drugs and prostitution yet?

Jan 18, 2013 10:12am EST  --  Report as abuse
TheRodent wrote:

Time to start looking for a job in Texas. I live in a rural / suburban area of NY no where near the city and I pay MTA tax, state tax, county tax, village tax, NJ tax (because my office is in NJ), property tax, school tax, yearly vehicle registration, yearly vehicle inspection, federal tax, social security tax, unemployment tax, and sales tax (8.125%). Effectivly I’ve determined that after refunds I pay 62% of my income in taxes. It’s time to go.

Jan 18, 2013 10:34am EST  --  Report as abuse
MikkiDean wrote:

Y’all come on up to a better quality of life. Did we mention no state income tax here in Texas? Eventually, we will all live in Texas, if only in our hearts.

Jan 18, 2013 11:16am EST  --  Report as abuse
Dontgivea wrote:

I just love Texas. Been there. Love the people. If I had another state to call home it would be Texas.

Jan 18, 2013 12:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
MikeyLikesIt wrote:

You’ll have to give us a little slack on the gun rules here in Texas. Believe it or not, we had a number of Democrat governors before we finally switched to conservative for good.

Our biennial congress is back in session this year and one of the bills that will be brought up is Open Carry. I know that Perry has already signaled his support for it so I would think that it has a good chance of passing.

And yes, while our property taxes are a bit higher than a lot of states (as well as the sales tax) our cost of living is much lower than your typical Northern state.

But as my brothers have already stated earlier, y’all come on down but leave your liberal ideology at the border.

Jan 18, 2013 12:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Cranberries wrote:

Gotta love the Texans! Some of the kindest people I have ever known.

Jan 18, 2013 12:03pm EST  --  Report as abuse

The absolute irony of this is the legal law abiding gun owners will find work and move to Texas, oh, the irony part they make up 60-70% of the taxpayers in new york state, and the more of them that leave the faster tax revenues fall and then the freeloaders, elitists and the criminals will have to find work in order to survive. Cuomo another fool that never read the Constitution or Bill of Rights. The police cannot protect any individual, they’re there to protect the “community”,if your being threatened, harmed or attacked by the time the police arrive, all that’s left to do is: call an ambulance or the coroner in either case your as you always were on your own your families and your protection is YOUR responsibility.

Jan 18, 2013 12:18pm EST  --  Report as abuse
paulfromTexas wrote:

Texas is hell on women and horses.
We let you folks from the north in freely , as Texas runs the weak and liberal off pretty quickly.
Be sure to bring your guns, so you can pawn ‘em to get home .
….and welcome to Texas.
We do not care how you drive, most folks here do alright, but few excel.
We do not care what it was you did up north, nor will we.
This is Texas, make yourself at home.

Jan 18, 2013 1:45pm EST  --  Report as abuse
blackjack321 wrote:

New Yorkers won’t go to Texas. They like their nanny politicians up there. They’re like children who feel safer when mommy and daddy are hovering over them saying “do this, don’t do that”. And as a bonus, they don’t have to think.

Jan 18, 2013 1:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Jones2371 wrote:

If you come here, remember it didn’t become the place it is by changing into what resembles the place those who moved here fled. Not Mexico, not Michigan, not California. IT’S TEXAS! We’re very happy – and successful – being just what we are. So – please – figure that out BEFORE you move here. Thank you.

Jan 18, 2013 2:10pm EST  --  Report as abuse
estheimer wrote:

Yes, please come to Texas and help us turn the state blue sooner than we anticipated.

Jan 18, 2013 5:18pm EST  --  Report as abuse
todnwth wrote:

Who in their right mind would leave New York and go to Texas even if they were being paid and given a house to live in!!!

Jan 18, 2013 9:24pm EST  --  Report as abuse
KWJ1 wrote:

I think I’llpass, if this is the conservative mentality, God help y’all. James Byrd, Jr. (May 2, 1949 – June 7, 1998) was an African-American who was murdered by three men, of whom at least two were white supremacists, in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998.

Jan 19, 2013 9:46am EST  --  Report as abuse
Vexter wrote:

Everyone worried about the second amendment, first of all it says ‘well regulated militia.’ And no one is trying to take your guns away, no one.

Second, the patriot act has trampled our constitutional rights more than anything – passed under Bush and continued under Obama.

“Texas is better than New York.” *Gasp* What an arrogant obnoxious statement. I can only imagine the outrage if a New York politician made the same statement in reverse. Will the civil war ever die?

Jan 20, 2013 12:53am EST  --  Report as abuse