Third time's a charm: Obama to celebrate with oaths, parade

bates148 wrote:

I’m looking forward to hearing the same promises he gave in his first inauguration speech four years ago. Same old, same old.

Jan 19, 2013 12:54pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BioStudies wrote:

“Obama is likely to offer some words of humility and resolve to represent even those who did not vote for him last year.”

I’ll believe that when I see it.

Jan 19, 2013 1:50pm EST  --  Report as abuse
shercin wrote:

I refuse to call him my president ! The congress and Obama along with others in the past have destroyed our futures and has enslaved us with unwanted debt and millions of Illegal’s along with UN-winnable wars! The politicians have destroy our business, currency, savings, housing, hospitals and work incentives! We are over run with drugs, violence, gangs and Obama want to disarm us to be left to the mercy of these nuts!

Jan 19, 2013 2:03pm EST  --  Report as abuse
victor672 wrote:

Open the book cover that says “Bible” and you’ll find–surprise!–a Koran.

Jan 19, 2013 4:24pm EST  --  Report as abuse
victor672 wrote:

Phony National Day of Service: Why don’t the Obamas go door-to-door on the south side of Chicago and collect all of the illegal and stolen guns used by the blacks in their daily murders? Number of homicides in Chicago as of January 16th: 25. And more every day.

Jan 19, 2013 4:30pm EST  --  Report as abuse
DrWhoWho wrote:

Now all you righties know exactly how we felt about W. Yep, we hated him as much as you hate Obama. But, there’s one huge difference, Obama was legally elected. Oh, and he hasn’t started any illegal wars.

Jan 19, 2013 7:20pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Dragos111 wrote:

So, is he really going to swear to uphold the Constitution? Seems to me like he has broken that vow a few times already. Take for example the imigration laws that he has decided he will not enforce. Those are the law of the land. As long as they are law, he should be following them. If he wants to change the laws, then he should do that. But, to just up and decide they should not be enforced is not something that is his right to do.

So, when he swears, he is simply lying. Nothing new.

Jan 19, 2013 8:49pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ConstFundie wrote:

Oaths to uphold the Constitution. Why bother? He can obviously cross his toes.

Jan 19, 2013 9:01pm EST  --  Report as abuse
ReutersAgenda wrote:

I’m waiting for the President of the United States to lie with a completely straight face right in front of the entire world with his hand on a Bible. Uphold the Constitution? Really? Let’s think 2nd Amendment. Wait for it. Come on, Mr President, show me that I am wrong.

Jan 20, 2013 12:08am EST  --  Report as abuse
sjfella wrote:

Is his nose getting longer every time he speaks?

Jan 20, 2013 2:26am EST  --  Report as abuse