Could going veg lower your risk of heart disease?

Cyberblunt wrote:

Booo…. Worthless info.

Jan 31, 2013 7:51pm EST  --  Report as abuse
halloween wrote:

A veg diet does work if you stay on it. My Dad has heart trouble went through the open heart operation, had stints put in, took all kinds of vitamins[still does].Was told go home there is nothing we can do for you. if he walked 15-20 feet he had to sit down for 6 to 10 min. He started the all veg diet a year and 1 month ago, now goes up and down stairs, walks 3 blocks everyday is alret and can still drive he is 93. The diet is what did it, he ate what they [heart doctor] told him, no milk, cheese, meat, oil, butter[no bad oil and fat]. It has done wonders. You are never too old to start. The heart book diet said you would notice a change within 6 months and that was true.

Feb 01, 2013 5:11am EST  --  Report as abuse
TonyWray wrote:

I suppose our government will decide this is best for everyone and create policies that require us all to go meat free at least 3 days a week. I’d like to see data related to family history tied into this survey. Some people’s genetic makeup is not affected by eating meat 7 days a week and other are.

Feb 01, 2013 9:00am EST  --  Report as abuse
jrj906202 wrote:

No new news here.This has been known for decades.I guess,no harm in repeating.

Feb 01, 2013 11:49am EST  --  Report as abuse
Cin4me wrote:

I saw a study several years ago which compiled all the major studies on diet and looked at the correlation between diet and health. Instead of looking at heart health or cancer or whatever, they made death the common denominator. Everyone died! There was no significant difference in longevity or quality of life.

The best diet advice I’ve ever read: variety and moderation.

Feb 01, 2013 12:07pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Domjohn wrote:

Birth is always fatal. It may take many years, but death is inevitable.

Feb 01, 2013 2:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse