Obama honors six staff killed in Newtown school massacre

MetalHead8 wrote:

I see Obama is still not going to honor the american sniper that was killed. Probabily becuase that would raise awareness on how BAD THE GOVERMENT SCREWS THERE VETERNS.

Help the Veterens
Help the mentally ill
Stop playing the Blame game and Start being Responible.

Feb 15, 2013 1:13pm EST  --  Report as abuse
JDindenver wrote:

Not only does he not aknowledge the american sniper but he fails to recognize the 20 veterans who commit suicde everyday. Oh did I mention the one soldier who commits suicide in Afganistan everyday

Now lets talk about those citizens who mitigated crimes in progress daily through the the use of their legally purchased and owned firearm(s).

Feb 15, 2013 1:52pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jaham wrote:

As someone who has never owned a gun and been hunting maybe 2-3 times in my entire life…I plan on heading to the local gun show March 16-17 to stock up with an unregistered arsenal.

Hey, at least Democrats have figured out at least one way to help the economy: Gun sales!

Feb 15, 2013 2:29pm EST  --  Report as abuse
citizen033 wrote:

Reportedly Obama didn’t address guns at this event, but the article does, so on that note . . .

Obama really wants that gun vote—he’s not eager to expend the political capital he’s committed with his proposed executive orders. (Do they legislate?)

If they were really enforcing and prosecuting the laws already on the books, it would be easier to view this stuff as good faith.

What’s worst to me is that, where I’m looking for the fed to protect my constitutional rights and let the states regulate guns as they will, what I’m seeing is the fed muscling its way into a larger and larger role.

When I hear the ideas of Senators like Durbin or the VP, they seem so short-sighted and out of touch with reality. They’re so invested in big government policy that it seems unthinkable to them that the founding fathers didn’t put complete faith in the government.

The recent statements of Emeryville police chief show us their underlying motives:
“One issue that always boggles my mind is that the idea that a gun is a defensive weapon. . . . [they are rather] “offensive weapon[s] used to intimidate and used to show power.”

Of course the distinction is a rhetorical ploy to demonize guns, but let me play along: I wish Dawn Hochsprung had the means to intimidate the Sandy Hook shooter. I wish Vicki Soto’s bravery was accompanied by equal power. And I hope the state never has the monopoly on the means of intimidation—that is the true meaning of a police state. Sometimes America looks ready to bring its strong-arm foreign policy to bear on its own populace. Surely the decades as the world policeman make the president comfortable with such thinking.

In the Senate hearings on gun control, out one side of their mouths these politicians say “Even with your guns, you wouldn’t stand a chance against our guns.” Out the other side, they say “We’re afraid (or “creeped out”–Baltimore PD chief) of your guns when we enforce the law.” Then they resort to “Anyway, why wouldn’t you trust us?” And “we can handle anything that comes up, don’t worry.”

Well we see how handling Aurora and Sandy Hook went. And even if we trust today’s government (and I generally do trust and appreciate police), it is not the government 20 or 50 years from now. And its not the government of 20 years ago that lacked a massive squad of drones and a Patriot Act that flies in the face of privacy issues.

Feb 15, 2013 2:43pm EST  --  Report as abuse
MetalHead8 wrote:

@Jaham – Taking a pistol permit course or CCW ain’t a bad idea if you plan on carring and want to learn basic firearm saftey. Stay away from forgin ammo and buy American

Feb 15, 2013 3:01pm EST  --  Report as abuse
FredSchmedly wrote:

Well if being a politically exploitable victim isn’t worth a medal, I don’t know what is.

Feb 15, 2013 3:42pm EST  --  Report as abuse
JohnLadd wrote:

This whole issue is so much more than about guns but yet nothing else is being done about that just ban guns. What about the Chris Dorner fiasco not one word from the Pres on that either! If Dorner was a white guy it would of been talked about by him immediately!
So if they get AW’s banned will all of the uppity legislators make their security details go armed with only revolvers? Or is it more of do as I say not as I do from them again?
Also I keep hearing all the time about how the police are outgunned by criminals. You could of fooled me watching the Dorner fiasco unfold at the cabin. Armored vehicles, full auto weapons, etc now who exactly is it again that is outgunned? I’m so sick of all the hypocrisy anymore and the blatant lies coming from Washington. We all should be!

Feb 15, 2013 5:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
citizen033 wrote:

@Speaker2

Are you just going to rely on insults or do you actually have a point to argue?

Most Americans …… wow, just fill in the blank anyway you want!

About violence, CDC stats from 1991–2007 show a steady decline in murder in the US with no difference from the implementation and the expiration of the ’94-’04 gun ban.

Feb 15, 2013 10:19pm EST  --  Report as abuse
idonthinkso wrote:

Was he honoring them or using them?

Feb 16, 2013 6:47am EST  --  Report as abuse
MetalHead8 wrote:

@Speaker2, Feel free to retort with facts. You remember what facts are, right?

Feb 16, 2013 10:08am EST  --  Report as abuse
TheNewWorld wrote:

@Speaker2

You anti-liberty nuts are a sick lot, comments like yours show that you should be labeled as a threat to liberty and your voting rights should be revoked.

Most Americans are sick of the attacks on our liberties by both Republicans and Democrats and want our liberties to be protected.

Feb 16, 2013 12:35pm EST  --  Report as abuse
fromthecenter wrote:

I think we need to change the language we are using… Instead of gun control or gun nuts lets combine it and call it gun nut control. It’s the nuts that are going on rampages. I’ve seen many of these same comments about the newton massacre from the gun lobby. Any mention of it makes them squirm in their chairs, they would prefer that it just be forgotten and forgotten as soon as possible. Unfortunately, a massacre at an elementary school where teachers, administrators and small careful children were gunned down will not soon be forgotten. No matter how much they want it to be.

Feb 16, 2013 6:13pm EST  --  Report as abuse
MetalHead8 wrote:

@Fromthecenter , If thats true how come very few people know about the Children killed in Drone Strikes? I bring that up and people are like “Obama wouldn’t do that!”

Feb 18, 2013 11:42am EST  --  Report as abuse
NJ989 wrote:

Another political photo op from our compassionate prez …. This is the only time he’s “transparent” :-)

Feb 18, 2013 1:36pm EST  --  Report as abuse