Subatomic calculations indicate finite lifespan for universe

morbas wrote:

Nonsense, science has yet to understand synergy. “Behavior of whole systems unpredicted by the behavior of their parts taken separately.”: RBFuller. The Universe cannot be defined by human intelligence, having a limited experience set as well as limited conceptualization capacity. “..we may conclude the society does not understand nature.” RBFuller. This article is another unverifiable quark, not even second to BB. Just wait another 10′s of Billion years and research the archives…I told you so….

Feb 18, 2013 8:00pm EST  --  Report as abuse
BiggieD wrote:

Recent progress on the study of dark matter meanwhile, bolsters the prospect on a universe expanding at faster than the speed on light, leaving the prospect on a bubble of something new something less than a mortal threat.

Feb 19, 2013 12:20am EST  --  Report as abuse
Adam_Smith wrote:

Not very shocking. Since we became convinced, quite properly, of the reality of the Big Bang we knew, or should have understood, that the universe did not BEGIN with an enormous explosion, it IS an enormous explosion still ongoing after billions of years of time and across billions of light years of space. The stars are but the fading sparks and embers of that primordial blast, the planets but the cinders and ashes. It wasn’t going to go on forever in any case.

Feb 19, 2013 7:37am EST  --  Report as abuse
elhamb3166 wrote:

I have always been more comfortable with the notion of a cyclical universe than with one that goes on expanding forever. However, I thought that the expansion would eventually cease and the universe would then begin a long collapse, ultimately regenerating that tiny particle of compressed mass only to again erupt in a big bang.

Feb 19, 2013 9:34am EST  --  Report as abuse
Josorr wrote:

We have known for a long time that entropy must increase.

Feb 19, 2013 1:30pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Walt_P wrote:

If, as the study of dark matter suggests, the expansion of the universe, or should I say, our “shell” of the universe, is accelerating beyond the speed of light, the universe might consist of a series of such “shells”, each created by a vacuum fluctuation, and pushing each other further into the void. A vast Faberge Egg ever expanding and creating new shells.

Feb 19, 2013 1:53pm EST  --  Report as abuse
REnninga wrote:

This is troubling news! I am compelled to act!!
I’m going to put fresh batteries in my smoke detectors!!!

Feb 19, 2013 2:17pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Overcast451 wrote:

So what made the ‘God particle’?

Feb 20, 2013 2:05pm EST  --  Report as abuse
VeronicaLodge wrote:

“The most incomprehensible thing about the Universe is that it is comprehensible.”
– Albert Einstein

Feb 20, 2013 7:07pm EST  --  Report as abuse
stambo2001 wrote:

So funny using the word ‘bubble’. It’s been pretty much fairly established now in science that we are effectually ‘pixalated’ in our reality. In all probability we could be simply a simulation program, and science is finding it harder and harder to deny that.

When I was young I was ‘religious’ and ‘spiritual’ if you will. Then I went through nearly two decades as an ‘atheist’. However, after crossing 40 a few years ago and seeing some of the things I’ve seen it’s become near impossible to deny a set of rules and a medium upon which these rules are transmitted…which means intentional design. Sorry science led folk, but imho you are flat wrong.

Google or youtube sacred geometry and you might understand why everything is cyclical in nature.

Feb 20, 2013 7:28pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mabolzich wrote:

Gee wiz! Should I plan for my future or just go day to day?

Feb 23, 2013 9:22am EST  --  Report as abuse