Pistorius affidavit at Pretoria bail hearing

Not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and Daddy’s check book.

Feb 19, 2013 9:58am EST  --  Report as abuse
Yirmin wrote:

Okay… Even if you believe this it would still in fact be a confession to culpable murder in that he was grossly negligent in not identifying the target.

Had an intruder actually been in a toilet where there is only one door out, a reasonable man could have simply said do not open the door or I will shoot… called the police and waited for them to arrive, had it been an intruder and they started to open the door then fine shoot them…. but this appear to have been the actions of a paranoid idiot.

Feb 19, 2013 11:27am EST  --  Report as abuse

Who in his right mind would unload his 9mm through the toilet door without first confirming where his girlfriend is? No one can be that stupid . . . sorry, not buying.

Feb 19, 2013 11:35am EST  --  Report as abuse
777Aero wrote:

Far more incriminating is what he actually wrote — that the bathroom door was locked and he could not enter. Who locks the bathroom in their own house at 2 am? unless they were running away and hiding from someone . . .

Feb 19, 2013 12:07pm EST  --  Report as abuse
RandyBoBandy wrote:

Poor little Tink Tink…..

Feb 19, 2013 12:37pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Lakini wrote:

The whole thing seems fishy to me. Why would she lock the bathroom door? That seems odd: middle of the night, nobody else in the house and she locks the bathroom door from her sleeping boyfriend? Who fires through a closed door when there is a possibility that it is not an intruder? If it were an intruder and they opened the door, Pistorius would have had the element of surprise. I also find it odd that he did not realize she wasn’t in bed when he got up. As dark as a bedroom could be, it’s difficult not to notice your significant other in bed with you.

Feb 19, 2013 1:11pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Mike_in_nati wrote:

Lakini – if you re-read the story, his story is that she went into the bathroom when he went out on the balcony.

Feb 19, 2013 1:46pm EST  --  Report as abuse
DeafSmith wrote:

So he shot through a door without knowing who was behind it? Here in Texas that is on the face of it negligent homicide.

And that’s even IF his story is true.

Lots of luck in South Africa…

Feb 19, 2013 2:36pm EST  --  Report as abuse
RightStuff44 wrote:

This situation is tragic. His statement is weak, and he should be convicted. The media have worshipped and idolized him, and he has fallen. When will we stop putting our athletes on pedestals?

Feb 19, 2013 2:37pm EST  --  Report as abuse
conquest124 wrote:

And through all that yelling he did, she never once yelled. “Hey its just me in here.” ? I’m not buying it

Feb 19, 2013 2:38pm EST  --  Report as abuse
pokey5735 wrote:

He said he came out of the bedroom and after believing someone was in the toilet he knew he could not get to his bedroom because it was locked. Which was it? Why would he lock his bedroom? If he believed some bad guy was in the toilet why wouldn’t he call the police and keep an eye on that toilet door until they arrived?

Feb 19, 2013 3:02pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Raw1 wrote:

But what about the bloodied cricket bat that another news site reported the police found at the scene?

I think she died from the skull fracture (reported by police) and then was shot.

Feb 19, 2013 4:20pm EST  --  Report as abuse
sawsharee wrote:

Women naturally lock the restroom door because they expect privacy in the restoom. I believe his story and I think people are way too quick to judge before they hear all the facts and not just what is in the gossip columns and blogs. A person is still innocent until proven guilty but with the negative publicity from people who do not even have the facts, he does not stand a chance.

Feb 19, 2013 4:21pm EST  --  Report as abuse
faxx wrote:

4 hits out of four with a hidden target sitting on the john 2 meters or so away from the door? How did he know where to aim and to aim low? Did he expect the “intruder” was using the john? The door holes would need to be a very tight group and 4 shots, on-target, would indicate she was much closer to the door, possibly even bracing it.

Feb 19, 2013 5:40pm EST  --  Report as abuse
faxx wrote:

Something is fishy…

closed the sliding doors… There were no burglar bars across the bathroom window

So… He was concerned about no bars on the bathroom window yet sleeps with a sliding door open?

I keep a 9mm under my bed. I woke up to close the sliding door and heard a noise in the bathroom.

‘I was scared and didn’t switch on the light. I got my gun and moved towards the bathroom. I screamed at the intruder because I did not have my legs on I felt vulnerable.’

So… When he went to the bed to retrieve his 9mm, didn’t he notice the bed was empty?

‘I kicked the door open. Called paramedics and complex security. I tried to carry her downstairs for help. I tried to help her but she died in my arms.’

Just exactly when did he put his legs on? Or can he kick a door and carry her downstairs without them? He is an athlete and can probably get around quite well without his legs, but kick a door?

Feb 19, 2013 5:43pm EST  --  Report as abuse
jab712 wrote:

If he was drinking heavily the night before, I can totally see this happening. My ex drank so heavily he would get startled awake and not know where the heck he was. Whatever he was dreaming about would be what he woke up thinking. One night he had been dreaming about the dog misbehaving and he started hitting me and saying “no. no. no. no” and repeating the dogs name. These things happened many times. I was terrified he would kill me one night if he drank too much and thought I was an intruder, as he slept with a loaded gun by his pillow. It would take several minutes to get him out of that trance, sometimes, I couldn’t even wake him. He would lay back down like nothing happened. He only did this if he got completely blotto before bed. Needless to say, I had to leave that situation.

I read in another article there were signs there had been drinking. For his story to be correct, he would have to been extra paranoid about intruders (which seems to be the case with him going commando on his washing machine) and being drunk to act that stupidly.

He should be held accountable, but I don’t think it was premeditated. He made a HUGE mistake and killed his girlfriend, just as if he got behind the wheels of car while drinking.

Feb 19, 2013 6:03pm EST  --  Report as abuse
Sims wrote:

IMO, the poor women locked herself in the bathroom to hide from him. What a shame.

Feb 19, 2013 6:52pm EST  --  Report as abuse
danmick wrote:

He was probably either drunk or on some other drug. He at best a completely irresponsible fool or at worst a murderer who shot his wife after she locked herself in the toilet to get away from him.

Feb 19, 2013 7:18pm EST  --  Report as abuse
itablondy wrote:

“Pistorius affidavit: I woke up, went onto the balcony to bring the fan in and closed the sliding doors, the blinds and the curtains”

When you wake up you usually look around and you know if your partner is in bed or is not. Or they slept in separate beds in different rooms?

Feb 25, 2013 10:09am EST  --  Report as abuse